No luck finding a new home

epi-do

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It has been a while since I have been here, but the last time I posted, I was looking for a new dojang. The one I had been attending was sold, and we didn't like the changes the new owner had made. We have looked at a few different schools, and for various reasons, they just haven't worked out. After stumbling into a couple belt factories, we finally found one that was teaching quality martial arts. The instructor is a 9th dan, grand master. However, with my son recently starting kindergarten, getting out of class at 8 at night just didn't work for us. He needs to be getting ready for bed at that time, and he is just way to tired in the mornings if we go to the family classes, since they are the last ones of the night every night.

Soccer also started this week, so we have decided to wait until it ends, in October, before looking for someplace to go. However, if anyone is in the Indy area, or can recommend someone in the area, I live on the south side, and would appreciate your recommendations.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But honestly - as mom speaking - a kid that young, while it benefits from MA, it also does not hurt them to take a break and do something else for a while.

They have a lifetime to do this, no need to burn them out early.

Good luck on the search tho. Maybe you can find a school with a nice kid's program.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hey I know this GREAT *wink wink* online Black belt certification school that will let you train from the privacy of your own home and be a Black Belt. He is the Creme de la Crap.... I mean Crop. we had a nice discusion a while back.... something about Ebay!!!!!!

seriously, sorry to hear it but good luck. sometimes you just hhave to settle for a place that can offer you a good workout. If anything you can remain in shape and flexable until you find the home right for you.

OP
epi-do

epi-do

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hey I know this GREAT *wink wink* online Black belt certification school that will let you train from the privacy of your own home and be a Black Belt. He is the Creme de la Crap.... I mean Crop. we had a nice discusion a while back.... something about Ebay!!!!!!

How could I have possibly forgotten about that option!!!!!!! And here, I wanted to get there the "old fashion" way. Ebay and a credit card is so much easier! LOL!

Latest Discussions