Newest family member

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, after years of asking, begging, pleading, etc my wife finally talked me into getting another dog. So, to add to my 11 year old cat (a rescue), our 5 year old mutt (a rescue) and our ball python (not a rescue) we now have a lab/spitz mix in the house. Cute as a button, loves me to death (who doesn't?!) and so far seemingly very intelligent.

Attachments

• $0_0.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 126
OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On the ride home we considered naming him "Smelly Gonzales"... my god, what were they feeding him?! In the end my wife rewarded me (am I being trained too?) with naming him Chesty. I'm a former
Marine and had always told her if we ever got another dog I wanted a bulldog to name Chesty after Chesty Puller of USMC fame. Well, neither of us are much on buying from breeders so we did what we always do... we got a rescue pup.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He's a cutie! Enjoy your new family member.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Two years ago, we got a small black lab puppy from a breeder for my Mom as a companion. He was a maybe a little smaller than your guy; Coal is now enormous but has the same affectionate manner.

Look at the paws - you, too, will grow a huge dog.

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Two years ago, we got a small black lab puppy from a breeder for my Mom as a companion. He was a maybe a little smaller than your guy; Coal is now enormous but has the same affectionate manner.

Look at the paws - you, too, will grow a huge dog.
Yeah, if you see him run around the yard you get a good luck at how long his legs are. He's gonna be a biggie. No problem, though, we've got two acres for him to run around on.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had a collie. well she was part Rough Collie (aka the lassie dog) and part irish setter but she looked totally collie.

She lived from 1989-2003.

What a sweet dog. in great health. we took great care of her. :)

her name was lady pugsley anastasia. Pugs. yeah we named her after the russian romanov grand duchess. lol.

Hope you have a nice enjoyable life with your puppy. We did.