Shindokan

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

My name is Erik Johnstone and I am a new member here. I study Muso Jikiden Eishin-ryu Iaijutsu, Shindo Muso-ryu Jojutsu and Ono-ha Itto-ryu Kenjutsu under Carl Long, Shihan, of the Jikishin-Kai International (JKI) and also have the good fortune to study under Masayuki Shimabukuro, Hanshi, Chairman of the JKI. I also study Dentokan Jujujutsu (a Hakko-ryu/Kokodo-ryu derivitive) under Roy Hobbs, Hanshi of the Seikai Dentokan Bugei Renmei.

I have a small dojo in Stonington, CT near the Westerly, RI line.

I look forward to discussions here.

Respects,

Erik Johnstone

Welcome! I did iaido 20 years ago and loved it...but had to stop when I moved to Rhode Island! Now there's iaido in the area and I'm here in Nowhere, Indiana.

Welcome to MT, I hope you have a great time posting here.

I do have one quesiton for you. You mentioned you study both Muso Jikiden Eishin-ryu Iaijutsu and Ono-Ha Ito Ryu kenjutsu. Is there a connection between the two styles? I know some kenjutsu ryu actually used the battojutsu of different ryu and was wondeirng if this was the case with Ono-Ha Itto Ryu. Or is Ono-Ha Itto Ryu also taught by the JKI as a separate art, or is it something extra your sensei teaches? Just curious as to the connection (if any) between the two ryuha you mentioned.

Pax,

Chris

Welcome aboard :tup:. Always happy to see another swordslinger through the doors :rei:.

Greetings and Welcome to MT....

Welcome Eric, I think you'll enjoy it here. I do!!!

Back