Shindokan

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

My name is Erik Johnstone and I am a new member here. I study Muso Jikiden Eishin-ryu Iaijutsu, Shindo Muso-ryu Jojutsu and Ono-ha Itto-ryu Kenjutsu under Carl Long, Shihan, of the Jikishin-Kai International (JKI) and also have the good fortune to study under Masayuki Shimabukuro, Hanshi, Chairman of the JKI. I also study Dentokan Jujujutsu (a Hakko-ryu/Kokodo-ryu derivitive) under Roy Hobbs, Hanshi of the Seikai Dentokan Bugei Renmei.

I have a small dojo in Stonington, CT near the Westerly, RI line.

I look forward to discussions here.

Respects,

Erik Johnstone

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome! I did iaido 20 years ago and loved it...but had to stop when I moved to Rhode Island! Now there's iaido in the area and I'm here in Nowhere, Indiana.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, I hope you have a great time posting here.

I do have one quesiton for you. You mentioned you study both Muso Jikiden Eishin-ryu Iaijutsu and Ono-Ha Ito Ryu kenjutsu. Is there a connection between the two styles? I know some kenjutsu ryu actually used the battojutsu of different ryu and was wondeirng if this was the case with Ono-Ha Itto Ryu. Or is Ono-Ha Itto Ryu also taught by the JKI as a separate art, or is it something extra your sensei teaches? Just curious as to the connection (if any) between the two ryuha you mentioned.

Pax,

Chris

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome aboard :tup:. Always happy to see another swordslinger through the doors :rei:.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT....

just2kicku

Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Eric, I think you'll enjoy it here. I do!!!

Latest Discussions