Music, Emotion and Memory

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

It described the relationship my sister had with me.
And I lost her, and my heart broke.... :(

And nothing I could say or do had any effect.

Goodness.. I have been listening to this song on a loop for the last few days!! That was a weird when I clicked that.

Gran you are right, there are no words to account for having someone so close moved away so far. You have not lost her though.

All my wishes to you, Jx

Last edited by a moderator:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Goodness.. I have been listening to this song on a loop for the last few days!! That was a weird when I clicked that.

Gran you are right, there are no words to account for having someone so close moved away so far. You have not lost her though.

All my wishes to you, Jx

Thank you so much for your kind words.
Sadly there is no chance of reconsiliation, since she passed away 4 years ago.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Sadly there is no chance of reconsiliation, since she passed away 4 years ago.
I would not speak platitude against such a wound at your core and but in my heart death is not a bond broken rather it is an elastic link stretched very far. As far as it will go, right to its limit. Yet it is not broken though because those bonds do not break. My wishes are with you my friend.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To show that not all powerful musical memories have to be sad, here are the two tracks I used to play (on cassette :eek:) prior to every BattleTech session me and my friends had. They must've had some effect for I 'fought' something like two thousand table-top engagements (from Lance skirmishes all the way up to full Mech battalions with conventional armour and artillery support) and I lost ... once or twice (I argue that one of those was a draw, especially as I was holding off both House Steiner and House Liao at the same time and still managed to get a functioning force off the board :D).

[yt]RyFhsyxnAlU[/yt]

In this case the three pretenders are House Liao, House Kurita and House Steiner ... I was House Davion of course :lol:

[yt]Jddg2PcVxb4[/yt]

Fortune favours ... Captain Dallas Sukerkin, Merchant Adventurers Company, Thackstones Battalion, Third Crucis Lancers, House Davion :D.

The fun and intensity of those games has stayed with me for fifteen to twenty years - very good times indeed.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This one gets me going when the coffee won't.

[yt]os0F4-XFf6w[/yt]

Latest Discussions