Moving on up

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe it's the cold I have, but I kept misreading this:

"Lightning Duck Of Unkickable Head"]

(my mind is playing tricks with me- and no, I won't say what I thought it said because it's too wacky!)

Congratulations on your belt test!

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations Jay!

What you have to do for your test?

What do you get to learn now as a new blue belt?

Miles

Agrosch

White Belt
Reaction score
I earned my Yellowbelt sometime last month, but just got it from the company. Since I got my yellowbelt my whole additude on life has changed. I'm a lot more dedicated to everything and it rocks. I wounder what'll happen wiht my next belt?

CONGRADUALTIONS and good luck!

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agrosch said:
I earned my Yellowbelt sometime last month, but just got it from the company. Since I got my yellowbelt my whole additude on life has changed. I'm a lot more dedicated to everything and it rocks. I wounder what'll happen wiht my next belt?

CONGRADUALTIONS and good luck!

Congratulations to you too Agrosch! What do you get to learn as a yellow belt at your dojang? What did you have to do to earn your yellow belt?

Miles

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Missed this before, Miles

For my belt tests I had to do all the forms up to this point, a lot of execution of all the technique I know so far, with combinations, and all the self-defense moves up to this point, plus some improvised self-defense

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cool Jay!

You didn't mention any breaking/kyukpa or sparring/kyorugi? Did you get to do either or both? If not, when in your school do you get tested on these?

Miles

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
I'm in Silver Spring, MD now...just settling in. I'm at a different school now (http://www.championacademy.com/) The head instructor wants me to test for my next belt next week. The test does involve breaking (sidekick) and step sparring
Piece o' cake. Knock 'em dead, champ! :)

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm a little intimidated because at my Albuquerque school I would not have the time-at-belt to test, so this kinda comes on sudden to me. On the other hand, if, in his judgement, I can do it then...I'll do it.

The step-sparring doesn't worry me because I've sparred at length before, the breaking is a bit different. This weekend I broke for the first time (two boards, rear leg sidekick), and I missed the first two tries (mostly mechnical because of nervousness). I should do okay now that I've gone through the butterflies but...it'll be different

Thanks

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
Just passed my test for blue belt.

Wow, every time I move up a rank I feel "OK, time to get more serious" like the rank means that more is expected of me and that I should be better. I know my instructor would not have me test if I was not ready, but...still seems to me I have an awful lot to learn

Grats dude.. Keep practicing harder!

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I tested tonight for 3rd Gup at the school I'm training at. (My NM instructor was proud because he has high standards and is a stickler for details so he said he was not too suprised I was being tested)

It went really well...was a lot of fun. Only had to do one break (1 board, sidekick) but that's the thinhs I work least on so was probably mst concerned.

No results yet....but I feel prettu confident

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a hunch you did just fine, so I'm going to congratulate you now. :)

How different is the belt structuring?

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats FF! 3rd Gup, that would be High Blue for us. We do a jump round kick through one for that. We called it Blue Stripe then, and it was a red stripe on a blue belt, something for the blood. :) No actually my instep didn't bleed, but it hurt for awhile. Yes, you are moving on up, hope you enjoy the journey-it never ends, the hill just gets bigger. TW

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Way to go feerless, you are one with the Art keep up the great work.
Terry

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I told mt home instructor that it's like climbing a mountain. As you go, you get better at climbing, but he mountain gets steeper and more challenging. So I feel even as I've come this far, I still feel like there is an awful long way still to go.

The journey is challenging, and fun, thoug, so I'm enjoying the scenenery as I climb

(and that's just to get to Black Belt, which I sorta feel like that's basically saying "OK, now you know how to climb, time to use it all to climb some *real* mountains")

Latest Discussions