More No-Touch Knockouts.

i didn't mean to offend anyone just my opinion thats what these boards are for right?

i dont understand anything white belt said :confused:

Paul,

Are you messing with my head again? :) Learn NTKO and go "Take out the garbage" for us in Mo.! Or, is it "Time to make the doughnuts".? Damn those catch phrases! I think I have them mixed up!

white belt

Originally posted by bob919
i didn't mean to offend anyone just my opinion thats what these boards are for right?

i dont understand anything white belt said :confused:

Bob 919,

The Ushomikan Martial Art Temple is struggling right now in dealing with the Ushomikan Aethestic Society's activities. If our problems aren't enough, we have a disgruntled ex-student who started an unauthorized offshoot of our system called "ShuruKan". They make wild claims about doing NTKOS AND cooking Bratwurst in their palms using Chi, while holding a horsestance, and listening to old Slim Whitman records very loudly. Don't play dumb, we are on to you! :)

white belt

Originally posted by white belt
Bob 919,

The Ushomikan Martial Art Temple is struggling right now in dealing with the Ushomikan Aethestic Society's activities. If our problems aren't enough, we have a disgruntled ex-student who started an unauthorized offshoot of our system called "ShuruKan". They make wild claims about doing NTKOS AND cooking Bratwurst in their palms using Chi, while holding a horsestance, and listening to old Slim Whitman records very loudly. Don't play dumb, we are on to you! :)

white belt

Ok whitebelt, now you've done it!! You can make fun, all you like, of people who can cook using Chi power. But you'd better have respect for anyone who is game enough to play Slim Whitman loudly. :soapbox:
Jeez!! Some people got nooooo respect!

--Dave:mad:

Originally posted by D.Cobb
Ok whitebelt, now you've done it!! You can make fun, all you like, of people who can cook using Chi power. But you'd better have respect for anyone who is game enough to play Slim Whitman loudly. :soapbox:
Jeez!! Some people got nooooo respect!

--Dave:mad:

Slim Whitman............I have all his albums....."Uno paloma blanca................"

Originally posted by RyuShiKan
Slim Whitman............I have all his albums....."Uno paloma blanca................"

How can anybody not like this guy? His level of tact and diplomacy can only be matched by his musical taste. RyuShiKan, I bow to you...

:asian:

:rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by D.Cobb
How can anybody not like this guy? His level of tact and diplomacy can only be matched by his musical taste. RyuShiKan, I bow to you...

:rofl: :rofl:

Just kidding about his albums…….I don’t have a single one of them.

I think K-Tel records used to advertise Slim Whitman Albums on TV when I was in high School as having sold more Albums than the Beatles and Elvis. (out right BS advertising)
The local Rock-n-Roll radio show would make fun of Slim Whitman and rate bad records by how much of a “Slim Factor” they had.
Or if a caller guessed the wrong answer to a musical trivia question the DJs would not only send them a copy of Slim Whitman but play one of his songs as punishment.
They invited Slim Whitman in for an interview once and he got pissed off about half way through and left.

"pain is weakness leaving your body"

I have to ask, where did this quote come from?
I think either Joe Lewis or Bill Superfoot Wallace, used to say that, "pain is fear leaving your body", but I'm not sure.
Anyhoo, I like Slim Whitman.

I firmly believe that the best thing to come out of America, aside from the road into Canada, is old time country music.

--Dave:rofl:

"pain is weakness leaving your body"

Came from a poster I saw on a US Marine Corps base I was working on a while back.

Just thought it was kind of applicable for martial arts.;)

Another I like (same source different Marine I'm sure):

Nobody ever drowned in sweat.

This guy Slim Whitman, is he any relation to Gloria Marshall:D

Okay...okay...I'm just asking!

And if pain is just fear leaving your body, what's that god awful smell all about??????

Mike.

Originally posted by Mike Clarke

And if pain is just fear leaving your body, what's that god awful smell all about??????

Mike.

Dee smerr of one hand crapping;)

Originally posted by Mike Clarke
This guy Slim Whitman, is he any relation to Gloria Marshall:D

Okay...okay...I'm just asking!

Mike.

Mr. Clarke,

If there is a faint hissing noise involved and it is not coming from you when the smell is detected, IMMEDIATELY crouch down and quickly do push hands toward and out the nearest door! The secret of "KimChi Gong" has been developed at the Shurukan and they are hiring out "Kim Chi Gong Ninja Assassins" for a fee. A nemesis of yours may now be affiliated with the sinister goings on in MO. A recent contact of mine in Canada disclosed they may be disguising themselves as @SSCLOWNS and doing Bar Mitzvahs. Warn your Jewish friends.

sssssssssssss....wuzat!
white belt :)

p.s.
Go to the the "Health Tips" area and enter the "Ephedra debate" thread. If you or any of your associates can pass the "Ferret test", posted by me, then the "stench of death" may not overcome you by surprise anytime soon.

It's just BAD qi...

If you remain rooted and pull qi from the bubbling well point...extend out through your fingers...you will suffer no ill effects...

Yes, it may smell awful and be a "distraction" but discipline will temper that. (just trying to help)

chufeng

In the current (March 2003) issue of Black Belt, there is an article on Evan Pantazi. He discusses the hook punch and its use with pressure points. Because of "bioelectrical polarity" he recommends e.g. punching with the right hand while standing on the left foot, holding the right foot up at about the level of the left knee. (See the picture in the magazine.) This changes the polarity and increases the effect of the punch, it is said.

What utter nonsense. It's downright foolish.

Originally posted by arnisador
In the current (March 2003) issue of Black Belt, there is an article on Evan Pantazi. He discusses the hook punch and its use with pressure points. Because of "bioelectrical polarity" he recommends e.g. punching with the right hand while standing on the left foot, holding the right foot up at about the level of the left knee. (See the picture in the magazine.) This changes the polarity and increases the effect of the punch, it is said.

this stuff is like some virus spreading-- there's way too much focus by the MA rags on these silly, inpractical and ultimately unprovable techniques based around metaphysical hooey.

Originally posted by arnisador

Arnisador,

I have the issue of BB mentioned. What surprises me is Evan not claiming that this one legged stance is a version of the Crane stance from Karate kata and that the "polarity" thing is secretly connected.

white belt

In fairness, the article itself states that the heel must be raised but not that the entire foot must be lifted. It might be argued that the pictures are exaggerated.

The stance used doesn't look like a crane stance, except superficially--in one case perhaps, but in the other pictures the right foot is half a foot or more behind the body. It doesn't strike me as any particular stance.

Back