Misfit and outcast

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow, it appears I go against the grain here. Never really a nerd, geek, or a jock, or even a bit unique all through school. I trained in Judo, for a short time at one school, but as-per-usual we moved away and I didn't continue when we got to the new location. I can relate to Kacey and always being the "new kid" pop on top of that for my High School years not only was I the New Kid, but also a "PK" (Preachers Kid). 9th and 10th grade to add insult to injury I was "That GD Yankee" in a small hick town outside of Dallas. Not a competitive bone in my body during school years so no sports, but with all the moving I did develop a strikingly good Left jab followed by a Right Cross (Pun intended) that generally put the "testing of the New Guy" to bed within a week or so of going to a new school. Once that first fight was over with and you got to go back to school after a "vacation" I tended to slide into the background and just put in my time. The passion for the arts came several years later, and they have brought out my more pleasant, sociable side. I owe a LOT to the arts and just wish I could have trained while in school because I think I would have enjoyed being there more than I did. Somewhat of a misfit, but that would depend on who you talked to. I fit in with everybody, just didn't hang out with any one crowd in particular.

One of those rare individuals... :uhyeah:

Tong Po

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
When I was a sophomore in HS I had a friend who for some unknown reason went around telling people how tough a fighter I was. Well as the HS grapevine grows it continued to grow to epic proportions. Christmas came along and my parents bought me a karate school jacket so that kinda cemented the deal. LOL I just kept being myself and kinda ignored it.

It came in handy once when it got out that I liked this girl who was a Senior. Well unbeknown to me she had this rough and tumble boyfriend that now wanted to kill me......that is until he found out I was that "Sophomore Super Ninja" everyone was raving about! :mst:

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Still considered and outcast because at my age I would rather learn or teach some hand-to-hand stuff than take it easy...
Some of us just refuse to grow up. :D I think it's overrated anyway. As Mother Teresa said, I'll rest when I'm dead. :ultracool

Latest Discussions