McDonald's cook cleared of charges in attack

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's the correct call.

He did nothing to provoke the two women. All he was doing, was to check the 50 dollar bill to make sure it wasn't counterfeit, which is standard procedure at any number of retail places.

The two women essentially started the whole brouhaha, and presented a very real threat. By jumping over the counter and coming after Rayon, they were the ones who initiated the hostilities.

Also, the criminal past of the assailants makes me believe that they would have done this elsewhere anyways.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This country is going to hell in a handbasket...

The guy should not have been charged in the first place!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This country is going to hell in a handbasket...

The guy should not have been charged in the first place!
Im not so sure about that. At first I think he was ok defending himself but after the two woman were on the ground and he walked over and gave them a few more wacks with the metal rod. I think at very least is worth a trip in front of a grand jury.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Im not so sure about that. At first I think he was ok defending himself but after the two woman were on the ground and he walked over and gave them a few more wacks with the metal rod. I think at very least is worth a trip in front of a grand jury.
He was helping them to remember attacking him was a bad idea. :)
Sean

Restita D.

White Belt
Reaction score
Glad he was released. The women with their self entitled attitude, getting their panties in a twist because he checked a bill according to policy! Most secure, less wound up people would know that it's policy to check large bills. What I don't understand, is that many laws would convict those that use excessive force against an assailant.... defended by people who most likely have never been in a self protection situation (without a weapon) before. Two against one....he did enough to assure neither of the crazies would easily get up to attack him again. As they they, "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6." :-D

-Restita

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta love how the media strikes again, making it sound, initially, (at least to me) that the guy behind the counter was the aggressor. As for him giving them a few extra whacks....well, yeah, probably not the best thing to have done, but in the heat of the moment, I can't blame the guy. OTOH, I think that many times, that card gets played a bit too much. I mean, just because the person is down, on the ground, doesnt mean the threat is actually over. Its just like how some people assume that once a LEO has someone handcuffed, the suspect is somehow unable to resist. Not the case at all.

Latest Discussions