McDojo -- how do you define it?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Rugby should be involved, being a full contact martial art and all, and i consider myself certified.
Given that these things are expensive, one might say that they are elite articles.

So, ELITE CERTIFIED NATIVE AMERICAN VIKING WARRIOR NINJA FULLBACK PIRATE!

I am not certain I am worthy enough to be posting in the same thread with you

:bow:

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am not certain I am worthy enough to be posting in the same thread with you

:bow:

Here goes nothing.

ELITE CERTIFIED NATIVE AMERICAN SKELETAL VAMPIRE WARRIOR NINJA FULLBACK PIRATE THAT ALSO LIKES LEMONADE!

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I've had students crossover from ITF styles and most of my time is spent changing them not just to Kukki-Taekwondo style, but correcting basic mistakes that they really should not be making at their grades.

One of my crossover students parents (recent crossover, a month or two) commented that after switching to my club she went back to her old club for a session, just to be sure that she definitely wanted to move rather than just be blinded by the excitement of something new. Her old instructor was doing pattern practice (hyung?) and asked her to do her pattern for her next belt. She reminded him that she hadn't been taught it yet and his response was "So, look it up on the internet and learn it".

Honestly, I could feel my blood boil when I heard that! The internet is a great tool, but it's not a substitute for decent martial arts instruction..................
Obviously the problem was with the instructor not the style or org. irrespective of your choice to highlight a certain style.