Master David Cheung's new Wing Chun federation

Eru Ilúvatar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
One of my new training buddies is a guy who comes from both William and David Cheung lineage. He tells me they are half-brothers. Their systems are pretty much the same to my eyes too, but he assures me there are diffrences. If I remember correctly he said Davids version is softer and more yielding... Something to do with this David guy being smaller. But yea, I think David learned WC from William. Anybody feel free to correct me if I got something wrong.

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Eru Ilúvatar;1150319 said:
One of my new training buddies is a guy who comes from both William and David Cheung lineage. He tells me they are half-brothers..
Did the guy tell you that your wing chun was wrong and 'modified'?

Eru Ilúvatar;1150319 said:
Their systems are pretty much the same to my eyes too, but he assures me there are diffrences. If I remember correctly he said Davids version is softer and more yielding... Something to do with this David guy being smaller. But yea, I think David learned WC from William. Anybody feel free to correct me if I got something wrong.
Yeah David must have learnt from William, because EVERYONE has leanrt from William Cheung, including Bruce Lee...

Eru Ilúvatar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Acctualy the guy is quite humble. Especialy in comparison to William where he as an 17-18 year old was the only one thought the correct version and Yip Man basicly screwed his own children along with many other long-time students. I allways wondered; if that all is true, how did William have the face to betray his master who trusted him and only him with the only true version of WC and start teaching it to the public? Either way, if he's telling the truth or not there is something bad about his character wouldn't you say? I mean if Yip Man went threw all that trouble to keep it secret thats a pretty nasty thing to do lol.

Yeah David must have learnt from William, because EVERYONE has leanrt from William Cheung, including Bruce Lee...

Ha! Thats a good one :) Well acctualy after I made my posts I checked out that link that Yoshi posted(http://www.shaolinjeeshinwingchun.com.au/jeeshin/wing_chun_lineage.html) and it says David learned from Wong Shun Leung which is interesting becouse his version doesn't resembles the one Wong did at all, to my eyes.

dnovice

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Did the guy tell you that your wing chun was wrong and 'modified'?

lol. well... I'm kidding. but seriously, when you look at the lineage online it says that David learned from Wong shun leung. Basically he didn't learn from Yip man himself meaning that he's neither higher than William Cheung or Wong shun leung. Now with that settled, looking at the way he performs his Chum kiu it doesn't resemble Wong shun leungs chum one bit. Rather it resembles William cheung's. If you put two and two to together you can come to two conclusions 1) he was taught by Wong Shun leung and later discarded what he was taught to learn William cheungs, because william cheungs stuff is plain awesome, or 2) he learned from William cheung in the beginning. I think he learned its 2, because it wouldn't make sense for him to discard Wong Shun Leungs WC.

Still, WC is WC, one shouldn't worry about who learned from who because it will make your head spin with all the conflicting stories. One should just try to learn style the best they can.

Eru Ilúvatar;1150550 said:
Ha! Thats a good one :) Well acctualy after I made my posts I checked out that link that Yoshi posted(http://www.shaolinjeeshinwingchun.com.au/jeeshin/wing_chun_lineage.html) and it says David learned from Wong Shun Leung which is interesting becouse his version doesn't resembles the one Wong did at all, to my eyes.

Actually, when you check up the links provided by Yoshiyahu above, ie the link for William cheung lineage, it says that David Cheung studied under William cheung and that he is no longer affiliated.

But like i said, who cares. Let's just learn what we can and the best we can be.

KamonGuy2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Eru Ilúvatar;1150550 said:
Acctualy the guy is quite humble. Especialy in comparison to William where he as an 17-18 year old was the only one thought the correct version and Yip Man basicly screwed his own children along with many other long-time students. I allways wondered; if that all is true, how did William have the face to betray his master who trusted him and only him with the only true version of WC and start teaching it to the public? Either way, if he's telling the truth or not there is something bad about his character wouldn't you say? I mean if Yip Man went threw all that trouble to keep it secret thats a pretty nasty thing to do lol.
Not only that, but if you were going to 'screw over' everyone, you would at least tell more than one person about it

At the end of the day, family comes first, and whilst I know that Yip Man could be a nasty guy sometimes, I have heard that he always loved his kids

I heard a story that Bruce Lee came over to train with Yip Man (after Bruce was starting to get famous) and asked Yip Man to show him the third form. He offered to pay him loads of money but Yip Man refused

I just think William Cheung went about the whole thing wrong. He could have just said that Yip Man showed him a different version of wing chun which was neither 'right' or 'wrong'. I think if he had done this, I would have been more interested in what he had to say. As it is, all his youtube clips are a joke and everything I hear about the guy is bad

His students are absolutely brainwashed into his whole 'knowing the true wing chun' thing and it is pretty sad.

I hope David Cheung is better and I will as always approach with an open mind. I just can't stand people lying or making more out of wing chun than it is (ie it has supernatural qualities etc)

Good wing chun is just good wing chun, no matter where it comes from or who taught who

Ferikes

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello! May I ask you if you know Branimir Segvic? Didn't he train with you there in Serbia (or former Yugoslavia)?

OP
zuti car

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Segvic was one of first people who started with TWC, . He had 7th student level when he was expeld from from Williams TWC federation for unknown reason. He is not in Serbia for a long time , maybe 20 years , and i do not know where he is , and what he is douing now. I know that he was in Slovakia for some time , but that was also long time ago

wingchuntemple

White Belt
Reaction score
Segvic was one of first people who started with TWC, . He had 7th student level when he was expeld from from Williams TWC federation for unknown reason. He is not in Serbia for a long time , maybe 20 years , and i do not know where he is , and what he is douing now. I know that he was in Slovakia for some time , but that was also long time ago

what u wrote here is not truth.
i met grandmaster william cheung a few times and we spoke about branimir segvic.
william cheung never expeld mr.segvic from twc association. they have been in contact long time. william cheung was talking about mr.segvic as about his student.
i met bozidar "boby" gabersek too and he is close friend of mr.segvic.
mr.gabersek respects mr.segvic as wing chun master too.
mr.segvic is living in serbia and he had never live in slovakia...

Serbian Wing Chun

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Branimir Segvic lives in Slovakia long tome. Proof http://ssg1.eu/seminars.php
William Cheung is not in good relationship with him.
Bobby isn t seen him a long time.
Branimir hasn t done anything to promote wing chun almost 20 years in Serbia.
So, everything that Zuti Car said in his post is truth.
I know becouse I live in Serbia, and who are you

OP
zuti car

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score
what u wrote here is not truth.
i met grandmaster william cheung a few times and we spoke about branimir segvic.
william cheung never expeld mr.segvic from twc association. they have been in contact long time. william cheung was talking about mr.segvic as about his student.
i met bozidar "boby" gabersek too and he is close friend of mr.segvic.
mr.gabersek respects mr.segvic as wing chun master too.
mr.segvic is living in serbia and he had never live in slovakia...

You asked me about this cracter Segvic , and i told you what i know . Branimir Segvic is totaly irrelevant for work of Serbiam TWCKF Federation and martial arts in Serbia in general ,simply because he does not live here for more then 20 years . If you watch carefully Shevic's resime here

http://ssg1.eu/branimir_segvic.php

you will realise data i gave you are correct . Serbian TWCKF Federation was founded by Bozidar Gabersek and his students , Mikic Dejan and Radojkovic Dusan . I have valid documetation about all oure work since TWC came in Serbia 30 years ago . Anithing else it is not of my concern . If you have any question about TWC federaton of Serbia or TWC in general , i will be more then happy to give you any information . With this post i will end any future conversation about Segvic or any other person who does not belong to TWC Federaton of Serbia . At the end , i fail to understand why you ask about Segvic if you allready have information, what you are trying to gain with this .

wingchuntemple

White Belt
Reaction score
You asked me about this cracter Segvic , and i told you what i know . Branimir Segvic is totaly irrelevant for work of Serbiam TWCKF Federation and martial arts in Serbia in general ,simply because he does not live here for more then 20 years . If you watch carefully Shevic's resime here

http://ssg1.eu/branimir_segvic.php

you will realise data i gave you are correct . Serbian TWCKF Federation was founded by Bozidar Gabersek and his students , Mikic Dejan and Radojkovic Dusan . I have valid documetation about all oure work since TWC came in Serbia 30 years ago . Anithing else it is not of my concern . If you have any question about TWC federaton of Serbia or TWC in general , i will be more then happy to give you any information . With this post i will end any future conversation about Segvic or any other person who does not belong to TWC Federaton of Serbia . At the end , i fail to understand why you ask about Segvic if you allready have information, what you are trying to gain with this .

sorry but it wasnt me who asked about mr.branimir segvic.
it was question of "ferikes"...i answered because your answer was wrong.
btw.i know web site www.ssg1.eu really well... im executive director of special services group (ssg) and close friend of mr.segvic.

for "serbian wing chun":
mr.segvic and boby met last time in june 2008 in thailand..
check this http://rlwingchun.sk/_gallery.php?id=3&image=./images/photo/branimir_segvic/bs_boby01.jpg&page=
picture was taken in thailand january 2008 ;)

OP
zuti car

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score
sorry but it wasnt me who asked about mr.branimir segvic.
it was question of "ferikes"...i answered because your answer was wrong.
btw.i know web site www.ssg1.eu really well... im executive director of special services group (ssg) and close friend of mr.segvic.

for "serbian wing chun":
mr.segvic and boby met last time in june 2008 in thailand..
check this http://rlwingchun.sk/_gallery.php?id=3&image=./images/photo/branimir_segvic/bs_boby01.jpg&page=
picture was taken in thailand january 2008 ;)

Please , no more talk about segvic or anyone else who is not on any way conceted with Master David Cheung and Serbian TWCKF Federation. I know a lot about segvic from his former students, and i have heared about you from Gabersek ,but only thing i will talk about is oure work in the art of wing chun

Serbian Wing Chun

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Master David Cheung, Belgrade seminar in Sebia, knife defence. Aplication of the II form and wooden dummy against knife attack:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions