Martial Arts Schools in Louisiana

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
Any body here students or instructors in Louisiana Martial Arts schools?

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
New Orleans, I am looking to tour Louisiana and visits schools, that are welcoming, for as long as they permit (days) and see if they would be willing to put on a small seminar for me (willing to pay if necessary). I am looking for anything that I can bring back to my school, so sport sparring, self-defense, etc.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Our doors are open to anyone who comes in with respect, no ego, and a desire to learn and train.
We are a multi martial art facility with training in Wing Chun, Muay Thai, CSW, BJJ, Pekiti-Tirsia Kali, and MMA (fighters).

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
@Danny T I appreciate that. I will be traveling in June. I would love to visit your school for a day or two, if possible. If that is alright with you , maybe we can plan something closer to that month?

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
@Danny T I appreciate that. I will be traveling in June. I would love to visit your school for a day or two, if possible. If that is alright with you , maybe we can plan something closer to that month?
That would be fantastic.
What do you train in presently? How open is your instructor to you visiting other schools and training in other methods?
I push my students to explore and to be open to all methods.

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
That would be fantastic.
What do you train in presently? How open is your instructor to you visiting other schools and training in other methods?
I push my students to explore and to be open to all methods.

I currently train in traditional Tae Kwon Do, and have been for 14 months. To be honest, I have never talked to my instructor about visiting other schools in other methods. He doesn't openly push students to train in other things, so I honestly have no idea how he feels.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
I currently train in traditional Tae Kwon Do, and have been for 14 months. To be honest, I have never talked to my instructor about visiting other schools in other methods. He doesn't openly push students to train in other things, so I honestly have no idea how he feels.
TKD - Maybe check out GM Larry Billingslea (8th degree) in Baton Rouge - The Academy of Martial Arts
Good man, great TKD, very open to other methods and perspectives.

- In N.O. James Wilson, Cresent City Eskrima. Good stick work.

Latest Discussions