Martial Arts and Entertainers

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah his friends who worship the air he breathes and yeah ed Parker worked for him he was his bodyguard so of course he'll pass him and of course Elvis gave him a car . Just don't believe everything you read. He was a 7th or 8th dan right? Well to get an 8th dan in kenpo you have to wait 8 years /after/ getting your 7th so that's not including all the other years so threes no way he earned it legitimately
What's that say of Ed Parker?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
What's that say of Ed Parker?
he'd never talk about him as he was a famous student and he even wrote a book about Elvis so he made a lot of money from him and hey I'm not one of those who idolises him. He was a great martial artist but doesn't mean he's a god to me like some kenpo guys

Last edited:
OP
Darrencowan

Darrencowan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey bro, I think you're putting everything into files of how long it takes to get something. It's not about averages, it's about being a bad *** and working out all the time. If you're studying under a grand master every day, you get good fast. The karate kid is no ********, if you were worked with a grand master every day, it wouldn't take you very long to get a black belt. Elvis learned from great masters, he was a rock star in everything he ever did, and if you say one more bad thing about the king of rock, I'm going to throw some soul fu on your punk askjfleiur.

OP
Darrencowan

Darrencowan

Green Belt
Reaction score
he'd never talk about him as he was a famous student and he even wrote a book about Elvis so he made a lot of money from him and hey I'm not one of those who idolises him. He was a great martial artist but doesn't mean he's a god to me like some kenpo guys

Right man, you got your people you look up to, you respect Elvis, but he's no Jeff Speakman.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey bro, I think you're putting everything into files of how long it takes to get something. It's not about averages, it's about being a bad *** and working out all the time. If you're studying under a grand master every day, you get good fast. The karate kid is no ********, if you were worked with a grand master every day, it wouldn't take you very long to get a black belt. Elvis learned from great masters, he was a rock star in everything he ever did, and if you say one more bad thing about the king of rock, I'm going to throw some soul fu on your punk askjfleiur.
Elvis was absolutely not a bad *** he didn't train hard every day because he had a busy career. The guy was /not/ a good martial artist

OP
Darrencowan

Darrencowan

Green Belt
Reaction score
"Elvis gave him a car."

And Elvis was giving him what he could. Is being wealthy a terrible thing, especially if you greatly contribute to an organization? Elvis was a great thinker, he was an amorphis soul who never stopped to think "no, I don't have time to do that?" When he saw something he wanted to do, he emerged himself in it. If you trained me and presented me with a belt, I could get you concert tickets, free merch, publicity, wall art and good conversation. You use your environment, you understand it, but you aren't defined by a role. Evlis wasn't defined by any single role, he did what he wanted and was a rock star in every field he was in.

On a less serious not, you ever see the movie "Bubba Hotep?"

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, who's this Elvis guy?

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
How can you give a question a rating of "disagree"? You can disagree with an answer, but how do you disagree with a question?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty freakin' unlikely, actually. Someone might be able to put in the extra effort and get to a level of competency quicker, but, yeah, the Karate Kid is ********. And high dan rankings are simply not legitimately achievable in that timeframe in any style or art I'm aware of.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Elvis gave him a car."

And Elvis was giving him what he could. Is being wealthy a terrible thing, especially if you greatly contribute to an organization? Elvis was a great thinker, he was an amorphis soul who never stopped to think "no, I don't have time to do that?" When he saw something he wanted to do, he emerged himself in it. If you trained me and presented me with a belt, I could get you concert tickets, free merch, publicity, wall art and good conversation. You use your environment, you understand it, but you aren't defined by a role. Evlis wasn't defined by any single role, he did what he wanted and was a rock star in every field he was in.

On a less serious not, you ever see the movie "Bubba Hotep?"
Don't know why you're seemed set on the fact that's legit. I think everyone knows Elvis was pretty awful. Parker was great and trained some great guys but Elvis is not one of them. He was a publicity stunt for Parker to get some business and recognition for his kenpo nothing more. Do you really think Elvis is a guy who worked out and trained in all his free time. The man was a drug addict and seriously overweight at the end of his life he didn't have the dedication to train hard. He was a good singer and musician that's it. Personally from what I've seen of his martial art I wouldn't give him a yellow belt.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting, thank you for sharing. I didn't know Willie received his Go Dan. Willie is the man! I will smoke with him before he passes!

Ed O'Neil, as in, Al Bundy?

Yes, Al Bundy. He was also interviewed on a special where he said Bruce Lee could not handle an uppercut. LOL

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can you give a question a rating of "disagree"? You can disagree with an answer, but how do you disagree with a question?

"Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling I'm missing part of a joke between you guys because out of context that surprised me reading that lol

He said 'how can you disagree with a question' so I provided an example of a question which has no acceptable answer. If yes, you're an ***, if no, you're also an ***.

Latest Discussions