Martial Art with jumping...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know much about Capoeira, but there's definitely jumping in TKD.

What are you looking for?

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Karate_Warrior said:
Hello.
Is it someone who knows about a martial art with much jumping in it???

Taekwondo in our school is about 90% leg work/10% upper body. But there are days when we do all upperbody, punching etc. After white belt level, you start hopping, then later spinning, then jumping. We have about 45 non-combination kicks and at least half of them jumping.

Jump front, round, side, jumpback, jump spin heel, tornado round (jumping), 360° (spinning) jump back, all kinds of crescents with jumping (to the head level). Then there are double front kicks (jump up), combination front-round, round-round, etc. Flying sidekicks are with a jump--one foot breaking or each foot breaking two individual boards. Or we rebound off walls, chairs to do jump kicks. Or there is the triple jump where you have three targets, one right, one left, one right again and you have to kick with alternate feet one after the other before you land. All I can think of right now but it gives you a picture. But first you have to do alot of conditioning so that you have the strength etc. to do all the advanced kicks later. So, first it is front, round, sidekick.... and be prepared to do alot of work and spend alot of time. But it is fun time learning. TW

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
define 'jumping'. taekwon do has more jumping kicks. capoeira has lots of aerial techniques. both will include high jumping in their training and conditioning.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tae Kwon Do has it, alot of kungfu school does jumping techniques
Terry

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree with Terry-besides TKD, there's Wushu which seems to have lots of jumping.

Question: why do you want to do so much jumping?

Miles

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Miles said:
Question: why do you want to do so much jumping?

Miles

I was just gonna ask this, but Miles beat me to it.

Yes, capoeira can have a lot of jumping in it, both in the form of acrobatics and jumping kicks.

some styles of Kung fu can also have a lot of jumping. The question remains, what are your goals with this?

Latest Discussions