Major WTF Events in Tijuana

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Really Gran? 90% or do you mean 10%? 90% of LA being bad would be huge.

Yeah, LA is huge and not needing to see 90% of it is pretty huge...Likely exagerated, but close to the truth.

Point is, if the neighborhood is bad, you stay out of it. It does not matter if that is NYC, LA, US, Europe or Mexico.

I am sure there are good folks in Tijuana, and not all of 90% of LA is bad. But when in doubt, err on the side of safety. (Reminds me of the movie "judgemet night' with Emilio Esteves.)

My sister and her friends when clubbing in Franfurt/Main once, ending up in one 'lame' alternative joint off the beaten path, small town rich folks on the lose. When they discribed the area to a cop friend who had to miss the outing, he turned pale...the police didn't go there unless necesarry and never alone...

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
"OK so then what about LA where gangs are firing in the streets to try to kill the other gangs members? drugs,firearms, kidnapings heppens in USA too."

You are correct! Thats what I said when I mentioned Compton in LA. It has a similar problem as most of Tijuana does and yes, none of us would go. There are great places in Mexico and great places in the U.S.
Tijuana and Compton happen to be two that most folks with families would not want to do any kind of event in.

Its not a slam against Mexico or U.S. but a fear of drug controlled areas that are not safe.

Dave O.

I got it Dave thanx for your explanation.

Yes, there are some spots in Mexico that are frigthener than others, and you have the right to deny to cross the border to atend a TKD competition if you feel you are not secure there.

Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
The difference between TJ and LA and the gangs in both are that in LA they pretty much kill themselves. Every now and then a stray bullet may find and innocent but the for most part it is only the gang members killing gang members.

In TJ they are killing innocent on purpose for some reason as well as each other, and that scares people, as it should.

Not completly true, in TJ narc gangs are killing police and army men becuase of the war againts drug cartels, and as you say stray bullets can find innocent people. Also, narc gangas are killing each others and againg innocent people can be killed.

Manny

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not completly true, in TJ narc gangs are killing police and army men becuase of the war againts drug cartels, and as you say stray bullets can find innocent people. Also, narc gangas are killing each others and againg innocent people can be killed.

Manny

LOL, let's not have a contest of who has the worst narc gangs and shoot outs... (Columbia wins those anyhow! ;) )