A nice TKD momento (moment)

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
This saturday night I was with wife, sister in law and his husband having a nice souper in a open air cafe, the climate was hot and there wer no wind at all, so we order a light souper and iced tea. Looking around I spoted Luisito and his mom, Luisito is a 6 year old tkd boy in in my dojnag so I wave him hellow but Luisito does not recognize me at firts glance so his mom's turned around and saw me and gave a big smile.

The husband of my sister in law asked me abou her and I told him they were from the Hwarang Tae Kwon Do family and sometimes I assist my sambunim in the children class.

We were just finishing the souper when Luisito's mom aproached our table and told me. Good evening Mr. Manny, I just bought some icecream from the parlor and bought you a some, the weather is very hot and just tought you will enjoy some icecream afther dinner.

What a nice touch, isn't it? Lusito's mom gave me a litter of coconut icecream to enjoy with my inlaws.

These are TKD moments that I really treasure!!! My TKD comunity is a nice one where all respect and love each other and even I don't have my own students all my little budies love me and respect me almost like my sambunim.

BTW the coconut ice cream was delicius and refresh us that night.

Manny

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's very sweet. My favorite teaching moments are when my students run up to hug me at the end of class.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here is one of mine. Coming back from Championships in St. Petersberg Russia, it was a long way and I was tired, standing at O'Hare airport Customs trying to decide what line to get into I hear a voice say "Please step over hear sir". Not exactly what you want to hear at customs.

A go up the to the young female customs officer who asks me where i had been and if it was business or pleasure. I explain and give her my card wondering what I had done wrong to attract her attention.

She looks at the card and says "I thought you looked familiar, I used to take classes from you. " I am now thinking 2 things. 1. It was probably years ealier and she was a young child so I don't recognize her and 2. I hope I did not do anything to piss her off as a student because now it could be payback time!

She marks my customs paper and says "Go right thru".

Guess I treated her OK.

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That's very sweet. My favorite teaching moments are when my students run up to hug me at the end of class.

Wow that would be nice! My daughter runs to jump on me and hug me after class (not allowed to during lessons of course) but the other students aren't allowed to hug the instructors at all. Child Protection rules! It seems a bit overboard but nothing that can seem overly familier is allowed.

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score

I get that with this group of three siblings every week. As long as they initiate the hug it's basically okay. Feeling like you're not totally hated is always a nice touch.

Latest Discussions