Loss of importance...belts

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Fellow Artists,
Here at MT we have a belt ranking system. Those belts are earned. There are those of us who log into MT upwards of five times a day to acheive rank. That is a lot of time and effort. Granted it means we have no lives, but hey, sacrifices must be made. Now I'm seeing a disturbing trend. People are losing their belts for qoutes. This makes ranking useless, no longer can we show off our keyboard prowess and time lost to posting on this wonderful forum. It demeans those who have fought, er typed hand and foot to achieve rank. I ask that we start a movement agains these misceants who take the MT ranking system for granted. These ranks are EARNED, not bought. (Mod, I need to talk to you about my rank ;)) and for the integrity of the board, the ranking system must remain intact!
:soapbox:

P.S This post was in jest. Don't take it to seriously :rofl: To many people already do :asian:

M

Master of Blades

Lol, I got my Blue belt so I dont mind. I just wanted it to match my avatar :rofl:

:rofl: :shrug: :asian:

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm on here twice a day, but I could care less about the rank thing (eventhough I like purple :D ). Like you said, I have no life! LOL. I have nothing better to do (except MA that is).

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seriously after my Black Belt from MArtial Talk, I felt comfortable using the self title option.

the self title option gave me away of still being student and not a teacher here at Martial Talk.

Thank you

Rich
:)

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hollywood1340

Fellow Artists,
Here at MT we have a belt ranking system. Those belts are earned. There are those of us who log into MT upwards of five times a day to acheive rank. That is a lot of time and effort. Granted it means we have no lives, but hey, sacrifices must be made. Now I'm seeing a disturbing trend. People are losing their belts for qoutes. This makes ranking useless, no longer can we show off our keyboard prowess and time lost to posting on this wonderful forum. It demeans those who have fought, er typed hand and foot to achieve rank. I ask that we start a movement agains these misceants who take the MT ranking system for granted. These ranks are EARNED, not bought. (Mod, I need to talk to you about my rank ;)) and for the integrity of the board, the ranking system must remain intact!
:soapbox:

P.S This post was in jest. Don't take it to seriously :rofl: To many people already do :asian:

What do you mena? Maybe I'm a little slow, are you saying posting with a quote doesn't count towards your belt ranking?
Hmmm, I open martialtalk up at work and just leave it up all day long, I'll come back to it here and there to post and reply, but I've made black belt, so I'm happy!!

7sm

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
just make up your own rank! Why should this place be any different that real life?:) :) :shrug:

Bill Parsons

T

theneuhauser

7*-he means placing text in the spot where your belt would otherwise be. i say put whatever the heck you want in there!!! its fun.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by theneuhauser

7*-he means placing text in the spot where your belt would otherwise be. i say put whatever the heck you want in there!!! its fun.

Oh, :ultracool
Hehe, I'm stupid! I don't know I kinda like the "quote" in the place of the belt. I mena I like to see the "ranking" of who has been posting things too, but its kind of weird for us non-belters to use a belt system anyways! :D

7sm

Latest Discussions