Look what WE made! :)

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
My brother recently roped me into working on a short film with him for The 48 Hour Film Project competition in St. Louis.

On the Friday evening the contest begins, all participants are given a character name, a prop and a line of dialogue that MUST be included in the film (presumably to keep teams from cheating and making films in advance. These three elements are the same for everybody in the city's contest.

Participants also randomly draw a genre.

They must turn in a completed film on the following Sunday evening, 48 hours later. The film must be between 4 and 7 minutes long, plus 1 minute for credits.

We drew "Sci Fi" and THIS is what we came up with in 48 hours:

For those of you who don't know what A/S/L means, check out THIS link:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=a/s/l

For more about the contest, check out

http://www.48hourfilm.com/

or look it up on Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
zDom

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
hey, I think my cousin is in that competition. Seriously.

I wouldn't doubt it — we had 72 teams in St. Louis alone. Teams, so I hear, are as small as a single guy (who sets up the camera, then runs in front of it to act) and as get as big as 150+ (full-time production companies who decide to enter as a weekend activity).

Do you know which city he entered? The name of his film?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some great visuals in the film. Best of luck in the competition.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt it — we had 72 teams in St. Louis alone. Teams, so I hear, are as small as a single guy (who sets up the camera, then runs in front of it to act) and as get as big as 150+ (full-time production companies who decide to enter as a weekend activity).

Do you know which city he entered? The name of his film?

actually, I think she is in Minneapolis. I guess I didn't know it was done in several cities. So if there is a Minneapolis section, I suppose she would be there.

I don't have any idea what she is working on. I was hearing about it recently from another family member, but the details escape me.

OP
zDom

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some great visuals in the film. Best of luck in the competition.

Well ahhhhhh ... we didn't win ;)

But we are pleased with what we did with only a dozen people in 48 hours.

Thanks anyway :)

Latest Discussions