Lok Hup Ba Fa (luihebafa)

OP
DaPoets

DaPoets

Green Belt
Reaction score
I had said I would do this long ago but time got away from me...

The Chinese Five Word Song was created during the early Sung Dynasty by Li Tung Fung who supposedly learned Lok Hup Ba Fa from Chen Hsi-I, creator of Lok Hup. This recent translation of the Chinese Five Word Song is very very good and writen by John Chung Li who learned Lok Hup Ba fa (along with Master Moy Lin Shin) from Liang Tzu-peng. Liang Tzu-peng studied Lok Hup Ba Fa from famous Wu Yi Hui who was renounded for his Lok Hup.

Here is the link to this translation:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Chinese-Five-Word-Song/Li-Tung-Fung/e/9780974633602/?itm=1

**I am not trying to promote a sale of this book so moderators, please feel free to modify this post if needed.

OP
DaPoets

DaPoets

Green Belt
Reaction score
I recently did the week long training in the 66 movements of Lok Hup Pa Fa as taught by the Taoist Tai Chi Society at the International Center in Orangeville Canada, and I have to say that the Chinese Five Word Song is a great compliment. Plus with this translation and comentary writen by a fellow student of the developer of the Taoist Tai Chi Society, Master Moy Lin Shin, it added a bit of "close to homeness" to me personally as I used to study under Master Moy before his passing.

groundforce

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi Dapoet:

Do you know if liuhebafa was modified by Master Moy? And if so how much did he modify it from the original version.

Seems from what i have seen so far, that there is quite a few versionss of this style.

Thanks,
Miguel

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Apparently, this is a clip of Mr. Moy's teacher, Liang Zipeng. Judging by this clip, Mr. Liang's style looks the same as Mr. Moy's Lok Hup, which features the same moves as Mr. Liang's, but less ... extreme.
Mr. Moy's style uses higher stances, in a slower, more even tempo. The Lok Hup forward bow stance looks like the TTCS style bow stance.

How Mr. Liang's style came to be? I don't have a clue.

(And no, it's not likely you'll find a video of Mr. Moy doing Lok Hup on the web.)

If you want to join the TTCS for Lok Hup, first ask when Lok Hup classes are held.

groundforce

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi Mograph:

Thanks again for the info. The Standing form TTCS does not teach and that is the one that I wanted to learn.

So whether the form is 66 movements or a tai chi form. At this point it doesn't really matter. That is just the outer shell.

The standing form is still the outer shell but I could use it to generate much more chi in a shorter period of time. It is much more focus.

I may just have to do it the hard way and learn it from u tube.

But you have been very very helpful.

Thanks Again,
Miguel

Latest Discussions