Lobo's avatar game

OP
OULobo

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
very good guess. . . . but not the intended impression. Think something much older. (hint, hint)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cthultu? Dunno if I spelled it correctly.

kid

Black Belt
Reaction score
what is a cthutlu? maybe i'm not pronouncing it correctly. i never wuold have gotten it.

cause kid said so

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I guess it's spelled Cthulhu. Ancient god of the worshipers of the Left Hand Path.

kid

Black Belt
Reaction score
is that the god/monster form "conan the barbarian"? I never would have gotten that one. assuming that your right that is.

cause kid said so

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
kid said:
is that the god/monster form "conan the barbarian"? I never would have gotten that one. assuming that your right that is.

cause kid said so

No, that was Dagoth.

Cthulhu was a god in the H.P. Lovecraft mythos, who is to be sleeping beneath the sea in the ancient city of Ry'leth. He was one of the Great Old Ones, who were banished beyond space and time by the Elder Gods.

BTW, I'm a huge H.P. Lovecraft fan, and anyone who would like to chat about it, please let me know. ;)

OP
OULobo

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Indeed it is Cuthulhu, or however you wish to spell it, as all the spellings are wrong, lest someone pronounce it correctly and awaken the Great Sleeper in the Dark and his deep children (cue spooky music and mad laughter).

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just have to say nice work,I love Lovecraft!(that sounded weird)You just don't hear much about his work nowadays,shame.

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Dang, beat me. Isn't that a portion of the picture in which he's "drawing" a bull using a small light or match and a long photo exposure in low light? Pretty cool photo.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
psi_radar said:
Dang, beat me. Isn't that a portion of the picture in which he's "drawing" a bull using a small light or match and a long photo exposure in low light? Pretty cool photo.
Yep..did a few photos myself. Set a camera on a tripod in a dark room, open the shutter manually, "draw" with a light source. Performing MA techniques with lights in your hands give some cool results. Cant find the shots anymore though. :(

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Yep..did a few photos myself. Set a camera on a tripod in a dark room, open the shutter manually, "draw" with a light source. Performing MA techniques with lights in your hands give some cool results. Cant find the shots anymore though. :(

Good idea! Too bad you can't find them now... :(

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Guess that MA in Graphic Design comes in handy every once and a while... ;)

Latest Discussions