The robots are taking over

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
99994263F1.JPG

From this article

Humanoid robots capable of performing somersaults and complex martial arts moves were demonstrated at Asia's largest electronics and computing fair in Tokyo on Saturday.
They're phasing us out - soon, we'll be obsolete. Robots will be the martial artists of the future. Imagine, less time needed to learn, no mistakes, more power. Scary times, indeed.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd probably do a complex martial art move, too, if someone's hand was in my crotch...would kind of be in a clinch, as it were...

G

Gary Crawford

One of them will probaly show up at the mall and destroy your little booth.

Rynocerous

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey Flatlander, I work at one of those little booth's as well, and I know what you mean. I wish it would just get shut down. lol.

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rynocerous said:
Hey Flatlander, I work at one of those little booth's as well, and I know what you mean. I wish it would just get shut down. lol.
Sometimes, when I'm in my little booth (kiosk, actually) I feel like I'm in a boat, floating down the river, and all the people are like fish, and I'm supposed to catch as many as I can. Sometimes you get a nibble, sometimes you land one, sometimes they get away.

Sometimes its just a rubber boot. :uhyeah:

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
99994263F1.JPG

From this article

They're phasing us out - soon, we'll be obsolete. Robots will be the martial artists of the future. Imagine, less time needed to learn, no mistakes, more power. Scary times, indeed.
Can you say 'robot/clone wars?'

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
99994263F1.JPG

From this article

Flatlander, I hope your selling a lot of stuff in your kiosk (I sympathize-- I used to work in one of those during the holiday season on evenings & weekends & I know how you feel--just wait until the crowds after Thanksgiving!).....

About the robots--it's neat that they can move & stuff, but even if they could talk, & even if you could load all of the martial arts vocabulary/movements into their memory, could they take the place of a real MA practitioner, i.e., a teacher? One who is patient & knowledgable/flexible to explain the material in different ways until the student gets it?

I'm still betting on us humans. ;):supcool:

Latest Discussions