Leaping Crane??

OP
F

Fastmover

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think we are talking about two different things. Never said there was a pause nor did I ever say to teach a pause. If it makes you feel better that others are doing the techniuqes wrong then so be it. Seems to me the difference between our ideas in the technique seem to be at what angle the target; knee, is struck. Not whether to pause in the one legged stance.

You hit the nail right on the head about the equation formula. Using the equation formula one can solve many problems and maybe increase the systems functional aspects. After the process would it still be Kenpo. If we are using the principles Id say yes.

I guess there are two ways to climb a mountain.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fastmover
I think we are talking about two different things. Never said there was a pause nor did I ever say to teach a pause. If it makes you feel better that others are doing the techniuqes wrong then so be it. Seems to me the difference between our ideas in the technique seem to be at what angle the target; knee, is struck. Not whether to pause in the one legged stance.

You hit the nail right on the head about the equation formula. Using the equation formula one can solve many problems and maybe increase the systems functional aspects. After the process would it still be Kenpo. If we are using the principles Id say yes.

I guess there are two ways to climb a mountain.
you are right I reread you comment and was probably answering wrong. I do agree that working the Ideal phase may cause ingrained bad habbits. At our school are carefull not to let the students know what is ideal and what is not; this way they don't draw upon their memories when they should be problem solving.
This also happens to be the case with many other techs; still, there are techs we just don't teach at all based on our priorities.

P

purplekenposkunk

Pardon me if I am just wasting people's time, but what is a roundhouse punch, and what is meant by the "liquid or gas phase"?

P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by purplekenposkunk
Pardon me if I am just wasting people's time, but what is a roundhouse punch, and what is meant by the "liquid or gas phase"?

Cool SN Purple LOL.

Roundhouse punch is one the will come in an arc on a horizontal line, more likely to your head but can be thrown at the body. Boxers are notorious for them.

Solid Phase-like that of ice, solid and rigid, conforms to the shape of the container. Most Korean and Japanese arts are Solid

Liquid Phase-flowing without stop like a river, conforms to the shape of the container but will seek it's own level. Chinese arts tend to be much more fluid.

Gaseous Phase-filling all vioids but still within the shape of the container.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

R

roryneil

This seems more suited to the Technical forum but...

I like the raking knuckle, and you can hurt someone if applied right. However, I find that it catches in gis sometimes, and would probably do so in street clothes as well. Does anyone else experience this?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo

Solid Phase-like that of ice, solid and rigid, conforms to the shape of the container. Most Korean and Japanese arts are Solid

Clyde [/B]
Says you.

Latest Discussions