Last Poster #7

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So if anyone remembers the story about the black belt who came in to our class. (not BJJ real jujitsu) and got manhandled by our white belts.

He is now running a self defense workshop.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
So if anyone remembers the story about the black belt who came in to our class. (not BJJ real jujitsu) and got manhandled by our white belts.

Oh. No. Say it isn't so..... wow.

He doesn't also train gun defence/evasion with nerf guns at all by any chance...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Street Smarts! If you haven't checked out John Mulaney's bit on Detective J.J. Bittenbinder and Street Smarts, you'd get a kick out of it.

Does this guy really refer to himself as "Airwolf"?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had my 3-month post-Covid check-up with a pulmonologist yesterday. She said my lungs look like I never even got sick. She couldn't explain it. She said looking at the scans from when I was admitted I should be on a transplant list right now and still on 02. Now if I can just get this memory loss thing under control Id be back to normal. She thinks the memory issue will resolve itself in a few months.

Also cool news this week my daughter changed her major from Marketing to Sports Broadcasting. Maybe someday Ill get to see her on the sidelines at games.

Last edited:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
and even BETTER news...My wife had has her last Chemo session this week. She went yesterday to have it hooked up to her port and then tomorrow they will remove it. Then she is done hopefully forever but the statistics say otherwise. But at least for now, she will be free for a while. Im planning a 2 week trip to Europe to celebrate in the spring. She has always wanted to ride in a gondola in Venice and see the sights of Rome.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Had my 3-month post-Covid check-up with a pulmonologist yesterday. She said my lungs look like I never even got sick. She couldn't explain it. She said looking at the scans from when I was admitted I should be on a transplant list right now and still on 02. Now if I can just get this memory loss thing under control Id be back to normal. She thinks the memory issue will resolve itself in a few months.

Also cool news this week my daughter changed her major from Marketing to Sports Broadcasting. Maybe someday Ill get to see her on the sidelines at games.
The memory loss is rough. One of my employees struggles with that after well over a year since being hospitalized.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
and even BETTER news...My wife had has her last Chemo session this week. She went yesterday to have it hooked up to her port and then tomorrow they will remove it. Then she is done hopefully forever but the statistics say otherwise. But at least for now, she will be free for a while. Im planning a 2 week trip to Europe to celebrate in the spring. She has always wanted to ride in a gondola in Venice and see the sights of Rome.
That sounds amazing. I hope you and your wife make some great memories.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
"Amazon" has called me over a dozen times in 2 days about a charge on my account of $729.... I went through it 3 times actually and they hung up on me every time.... I enjoy messing with scammers....I've been an American, a German and Chinese so far.......but I'm going to let the answering machine get the rest........

Just as a note, if you get these calls.
1) Amazon does not have your phone number and would not call you
2) The charge is in Ohio, and.... I have purchased things through amazon from California, China, etc.
2) I have charged large sums of money on Amazon from businesses in other states and they have never called me

It is Fraud

Last edited:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The memory loss is rough. One of my employees struggles with that after well over a year since being hospitalized.
The Doc seems to think it's from all the drugs they gave me to keep me knocked out. She thinks it will get better on its own. I don't really notice it until my wife reminds me of a conversation she swears we had. Part of me thinks she is just making it up to mess with me lol

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Doc seems to think it's from all the drugs they gave me to keep me knocked out. She thinks it will get better on its own. I don't really notice it until my wife reminds me of a conversation she swears we had. Part of me thinks she is just making it up to mess with me lol
That's actually pretty common. Most of the heavy sedation drugs are amnesic as well. It's a good thing, insofar as that helps keep people from remembering the really nasty and unpleasant things that were happening. It usually goes back to normal over time, but it certainly does sound like it's taking longer than usual in your case. After 3 months, it would probably be worth your while to get a referral to a neurologist.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
that helps keep people from remembering the really nasty and unpleasant things that were happening.
Yeah, they were really concerned about me having PTSD from my stay in the ICU. Made me take a bunch of tests. I told them I was fine I don't even remember being there I was asleep. Besides 20 years as a cop that PTSD ship sailed along time ago.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, they were really concerned about me having PTSD from my stay in the ICU. Made me take a bunch of tests. I told them I was fine I don't even remember being there I was asleep. Besides 20 years as a cop that PTSD ship sailed along time ago.
It's a big deal though. It's pretty common to give intubated patients paralytics as well as sedation. Waking up with all those tubes and being unable to even blink has got to be one of the worst things I can imagine. So amnesia good.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't forget too many conversations I have with my wife. My problem is the opposite, where I swear we've had a conversation and she insists I didn't say the words out loud. You could use my wife's tactic and say, "Are you sure we had that conversation? :D
It's a big deal though. It's pretty common to give intubated patients paralytics as well as sedation. Waking up with all those tubes and being unable to even blink has got to be one of the worst things I can imagine. So amnesia good.
That sounds horrible.

I had a colonoscopy a while back and remember most of it... even recall watching the screen. Up until a point toward the end where I remember saying, "Man, that's a lot of pressure." her response, 'We're almost done... can you hang in there?" Me: "I don't know.. that's a LOT of pressure.' Words were said and the next thing I knew was waking up in the recovery room. Those are some good drugs.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh. No. Say it isn't so..... wow.

He doesn't also train gun defence/evasion with nerf guns at all by any chance...
I wish. He does do home invasions though.

You know common self defence scenarios.

I am keen for a look to be honest. I missed his epic appearance at our club.

And I love it when people go school yard in training.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish. He does do home invasions though.

You know common self defence scenarios.
I don't know about Australia, but the whole home invasion thing is becoming more common here. Apparently it's already more common than the classic empty home burglary.
That's at least partly why all of our kids have at least some MA and shooting training. Sue and I and 5 of the kids carry routinely and all of them have guns in the home.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't forget too many conversations I have with my wife. My problem is the opposite, where I swear we've had a conversation and she insists I didn't say the words out loud. You could use my wife's tactic and say, "Are you sure we had that conversation? :D

That sounds horrible.

I had a colonoscopy a while back and remember most of it... even recall watching the screen. Up until a point toward the end where I remember saying, "Man, that's a lot of pressure." her response, 'We're almost done... can you hang in there?" Me: "I don't know.. that's a LOT of pressure.' Words were said and the next thing I knew was waking up in the recovery room. Those are some good drugs.
I don't remember most of what my wife says, she hasn't stopped talking since 1982. It's impossible for me or anyone who knows her to follow what she's saying.

As for the colonoscopy, I've never once been even partially conscious during one. I'm getting one in December from a new guy, who I don't particularly like (Type A personality, small man complex, PHD bragger), yeah, if I'm awake during it, he's getting smacked afterwards. Hey, officers, twas the drugs he gave me that caused it.

Latest Discussions