Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Birds flying high, you know how I feel.
Sun in the sky, you know how I feel.
Breeze driftin' on by, you know how I feel.
It's a new dawn.
It's a new day.
It's a new life for me.
And I'm feeling good.
-Nina Simone

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Without a spoiled brat, narcissist, embarrassing clown prince to incite them, I didn't expect many to protest.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Without a spoiled brat, narcissist, embarrassing clown prince to incite them, I didn't expect many to protest.
Traitorous, stupid, cowardly, or ignorant. Anyone who supported that wing nut is at least one of the above and probably more than one.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Traitorous, stupid, cowardly, or ignorant. Anyone who supported that wing nut is at least one of the above and probably more than one.

Steve, like most on this forum, you're brighter than I am. Please explain why the people that stormed the Capitol aren't being charged with Treason. I've looked up the definition nine ways to Sunday. Seems like Treason to me.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Steve, like most on this forum, you're brighter than I am. Please explain why the people that stormed the Capitol aren't being charged with Treason. I've looked up the definition nine ways to Sunday. Seems like Treason to me.
I don't know about being brighter than you, my friend. I'm with you, though. But with over 125 arrests, it hasn't run its course. In all seriousness, this has been tough. I do think that a lot of the people who support Trump, and even a lot of the people who demonstrated in Washington on January 6, are just ignorant, have economic grievances against the country (i.e., folks are getting rich, but where's my piece of the American dream?), and as a result, got caught up in what is essentially a cult. I mean, we've seen some folks on this forum spouting false propaganda that very clearly came from these very same extremists, like Qanon.

What I mean is, there are a lot of people who have been taken advantage of, and for them, treason may be too steep a charge. Most of these numbnuts are being arrested for criminal trespassing, entering a restricted building, possession of unregistered firearms, and just generally being idiots. Some posted videos or online confessions to stealing government equipment (like laptops), destroying documents, stealing other items from peoples' offices, and stuff like that.

Personally, I think some folks have committed treason, or sedition, or have violated a bevy of other crimes, and should be held accountable. The ones who were beating cops with sticks that have blue lives matters flags on them (that's irony, folks). The ones who beat a cop to death with a fire extinguisher. The ones who built a noose and chanted "hang Mike Pence." But that's, honestly, a relative handful of the worst people. The ones who organized and orchestrated the violence, the ones who rallied the ignorant into following them into the Capitol building, the ones who profited on the misery and pain of others, and the ones who colluded with foreign governments to compromise our security and put our troops in harm's way.

For the rest, and for the sake of our country, I think we need a Truth and Reconciliation Commission along the lines of what South Africa convened following apartheid. We have a rot in America that can only be healed by reconciliation and forgiveness, offering amnesty and forgiveness to those who testify fully and freely under oath to their crimes, provided they are not overly egregious as outlined above, and holding all others fully accountable for their actions. Don't get me wrong, some folks need to go to jail. But maybe not all of them. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't know about being brighter than you, my friend. I'm with you, though. But with over 125 arrests, it hasn't run its course. In all seriousness, this has been tough. I do think that a lot of the people who support Trump, and even a lot of the people who demonstrated in Washington on January 6, are just ignorant, have economic grievances against the country (i.e., folks are getting rich, but where's my piece of the American dream?), and as a result, got caught up in what is essentially a cult. I mean, we've seen some folks on this forum spouting false propaganda that very clearly came from these very same extremists, like Qanon.

What I mean is, there are a lot of people who have been taken advantage of, and for them, treason may be too steep a charge. Most of these numbnuts are being arrested for criminal trespassing, entering a restricted building, possession of unregistered firearms, and just generally being idiots. Some posted videos or online confessions to stealing government equipment (like laptops), destroying documents, stealing other items from peoples' offices, and stuff like that.

Personally, I think some folks have committed treason, or sedition, or have violated a bevy of other crimes, and should be held accountable. The ones who were beating cops with sticks that have blue lives matters flags on them (that's irony, folks). The ones who beat a cop to death with a fire extinguisher. The ones who built a noose and chanted "hang Mike Pence." But that's, honestly, a relative handful of the worst people. The ones who organized and orchestrated the violence, the ones who rallied the ignorant into following them into the Capitol building, the ones who profited on the misery and pain of others, and the ones who colluded with foreign governments to compromise our security and put our troops in harm's way.

For the rest, and for the sake of our country, I think we need a Truth and Reconciliation Commission along the lines of what South Africa convened following apartheid. We have a rot in America that can only be healed by reconciliation and forgiveness, offering amnesty and forgiveness to those who testify fully and freely under oath to their crimes, provided they are not overly egregious as outlined above, and holding all others fully accountable for their actions. Don't get me wrong, some folks need to go to jail. But maybe not all of them. :)

Well said. But I still don't see how it isn't Treason.

And you can't very well use the "Your Honor, my client isn't a Traitor, he's just an incredibly stupid mother forker."

Thinking about it, maybe they should amend the law and include an A-hole defense. "Your Honor, my client is an A-hole. He comes from a long line of A-holes. His whole famn damily are a bunch of A-holes. Even their dog is an A-hole. And, your Honor, he's an incredibly, stupid mother forker as well."

The guy with the horns on his head? The one who wouldn't eat in jail because he only eats organic food? He's probably going for an insanity defense.

It's still Treason to me.

I believe Trump will eventually do jail time. (I know, you guys think that's a crazy statement, but wait a while)

My question is, IF he does indeed do jail time, does the Secret Service man assigned to him for the rest of his life go to jail with him?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, they executed a couple of black guys, who's crime was to be in the same zip codes as thier felon friends.
Felony murder seems only applied to POC.
but there is that thin line, you take up arms and go to kill people....there isn't an easy way back from that, and just because you only killed one cop and not the VP, that really isn't an excuse.

Happy 20th though.
not time to completely exhale, but at least a reprieve from full blown disaster.
let's see when that check gets here!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm continuously finding myself in a position where I need to work with outside contractors, get facility items, and similar for my job. However, the last person that did my job retired before I was hired, has a locked office with cabinets filled with unfiled paperwork, and no notes or anything for me. I'm honestly surprised the luck I've had cold calling/emailing people who seem like they'd be the ones we'd work with and asking them if we do/if they know who we work with.

Most recently, I had to figure out who we hire for CE trainings. Went on a hunch and emailed the community college CE department head nearby, and it turns out we had a contract with them that expired. My guess is we were using them until the last person retired, and if not; we are now!

Today I've got to figure out what locksmith we use, which is a bit trickier. Waiting until tomorrow when our one maintenance worker comes in to see if he might know.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As expected the hypocrisy and rather childish gloating is running deep today. So be it.

Let’s see what happens. These are things in our inevitable future which I do not look forward to.

1/20/21 was Biden's inauguration...
  • Gas is currently $2.05 per gallon.
  • Interest rates are 1.99% percent for a 30 year fixed mortgage.
  • The stock market closed at 31,176.01 though we have been fighting COVID for over a year.
  • Our GDP growth for the 3rd Qtr was an astonishing 33.1 percent even with all the gloom and doom media.
  • We had the best economy ever until COVID and it is recovering well.
  • We have not had any new wars or conflicts in the last 4 years.
  • North Korea has been under control and there have not been missile testing.
  • ISIS has not been heard from for over 3 years.
  • The housing market is the strongest it has been in years.
  • Homes have appreciated at an unbelievable rate and available listings cannot keep up with demand.
  • And let’s not forget that peace deals in the Middle East were signed by 4 countries—unprecedented!
  • Unemployment sits at 6.7% in spite of COVID.

Lets look back a year or two see how much gets undone.

I will go on the record now and say I do not think he will be the sitting President in two years.

I am a proud, patriotic American. I will support whoever is in the Presidential seat. For the first time in my life I cannot support the current vice president or other member of his cabinet. There is too much in conflict with my beliefs & morals.

And for those of you who not willing to see that there were a Ton of planted/paid rioters leading and creating everything that happened I hope you do not continue to be blinded by your vanity and ignorance of choice.

If you do not see this as a watershed moment in our countries history, frankly I do not think you will ever see it until more and more of your rights and freedom's are taken away.

I enjoy this forum and appreciate everyone who contributes content with merit. Sadly, I feel I spend too much time countering misinformation that has Nothing to do with martial arts with just a few specific people. And the really weird thing is some of these people have the least amount of MA's background. Why they choose to spew on this site is beyond me.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Anyone catch Fauci's press briefing today? What a difference a day makes. He looked positively optimistic, though the news he shared was somewhat dire.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
So I'm continuously finding myself in a position where I need to work with outside contractors, get facility items, and similar for my job. However, the last person that did my job retired before I was hired, has a locked office with cabinets filled with unfiled paperwork, and no notes or anything for me. I'm honestly surprised the luck I've had cold calling/emailing people who seem like they'd be the ones we'd work with and asking them if we do/if they know who we work with.

Most recently, I had to figure out who we hire for CE trainings. Went on a hunch and emailed the community college CE department head nearby, and it turns out we had a contract with them that expired. My guess is we were using them until the last person retired, and if not; we are now!

Today I've got to figure out what locksmith we use, which is a bit trickier. Waiting until tomorrow when our one maintenance worker comes in to see if he might know.
That can be rough, particularly if you work in a government organization where procurement is heavily regulated (getting bids, doing market research, etc). I don't envy you that. I have managed purchasers over the years, but actually dealing with the headaches involved in procurement is a workload I've been lucky enough to avoid.

I take it the locksmith is to get you into the locked cabinets? :)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That can be rough, particularly if you work in a government organization where procurement is heavily regulated (getting bids, doing market research, etc). I don't envy you that. I have managed purchasers over the years, but actually dealing with the headaches involved in procurement is a workload I've been lucky enough to avoid.

I take it the locksmith is to get you into the locked cabinets? :)
Nah. The fire marshal is requesting stuff requiring a locksmith as I don't have the keys (or know where they are at least) for it.
Although now that you mention it, I may need to mention some locked drawers as well..

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nah. The fire marshal is requesting stuff requiring a locksmith as I don't have the keys (or know where they are at least) for it.
Although now that you mention it, I may need to mention some locked drawers as well..
Isn't there a number for the old guy to be reached at?!
chances are he probably got the keys on his ring....

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't there a number for the old guy to be reached at?!
chances are he probably got the keys on his ring....
*Old gal.
And I would bet that you're right about that. She's probably got a spare somewhere. But she also moved down to Florida, a solid thousand-something miles away. I don't think she's up for making the trip back here.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
*Old gal.
And I would bet that you're right about that. She's probably got a spare somewhere. But she also moved down to Florida, a solid thousand-something miles away. I don't think she's up for making the trip back here.
there are companies that breach the distance for a nominal fee.
But then again, if the caller ID says 'ex-work' she might not pick it up. I know I wouldn't!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
q4honkqg_bernie-sanders-_625x300_21_January_21.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions