Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I once worked in a state office that had lounges, with wrap around couches, attached to both the men's and woman's bathrooms. Use to see people going into those and coming out of those with pillows all the time.

I worked at OCFS from 2008 to 2012. They had a quiet room where people could go to decompress after they took a stressful call. That is the closest I have ever seen to a nap room.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I worked at OCFS from 2008 to 2012. They had a quiet room where people could go to decompress after they took a stressful call. That is the closest I have ever seen to a nap room.

Technically it wasn't a nap room, but some that worked there used it as such... that or they just liked carrying pillows in and out of that room

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm reminded of the scene in ELF when Will Ferrell runs into the coffee shop: "Congratulations, everybody! World's best cup of coffee! Good job!"

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
good lord. One of my daughter's good friends passed away. They'd been in the same class since kindergarten, and he lived about 12 houses away. Great kid, only 8 years old. My wife travels a lot, and his mom works retail hours, so our kids were often at one or the other's house. Not sure what happened. i only know that it was some kind of unexpected medical event.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
good lord. One of my daughter's good friends passed away. They'd been in the same class since kindergarten, and he lived about 12 houses away. Great kid, only 8 years old. My wife travels a lot, and his mom works retail hours, so our kids were often at one or the other's house. Not sure what happened. i only know that it was some kind of unexpected medical event.

Sorry to hear that. :(

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yeah it's really sad. I feel just awful for his mom. Tough year. This is very sudden. I'm still processing it. We were wondering why he wasn't at the bus stop yesterday and then got a note from the school which I read this morning. On top of not feeling well, this hit me pretty hard.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm sure it's great coffe, but I don't get the whole, "strongest coffee ever" claim.
I'm not sure but I do know I tested it out unscientificly
I sat still on the couch with my fitbit. Drank a 16 oz cup and my heart rate rose about 4 bpm. That and I could hear colors and see sounds.....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. That's sad, Steve. I know nothing of the parents, obviously, but they will be in my thoughts.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

That is very sad and my heart goes out to the family

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Wow. That's sad, Steve. I know nothing of the parents, obviously, but they will be in my thoughts.
I don't know the dad and have never heard Tanya mention him. But she's a very nice lady who took very good care of her son,

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry that I broke up the mood there. In my moment of excitement, I forgot the conversation at hand. What can I say? Sometimes I am self-important.

My heart goes out to the family and all who knew the little guy. My youngest son is 8 as well. Don't know what I would do. I mean, I would carry on because I have 3 other kids, but I would not be the same.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am going to go get a cup of Organic Coffee..... time for Black Coffee and dark chocolate.... I am fairly certain I am not pregnant so I have no idea where this craving is coming from....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah it's really sad. I feel just awful for his mom. Tough year. This is very sudden. I'm still processing it. We were wondering why he wasn't at the bus stop yesterday and then got a note from the school which I read this morning. On top of not feeling well, this hit me pretty hard.

Don't even know how to process things like this. Prayers to their family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions