Kukkiwon instructors license course

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
I went it 2002, looking forward to hearing what y'all got to say about the course. Good luck and have fun.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
what does this course cover?

According to an email I got:

The Kukkiwon Master Instructor License Course will include the
following curriculum topics:
• History of Taekwondo
• Leadership/Pride as a Taekwondo Leader
• Professional Running of a Dojang
• Referee Rules
• How to Judge Promotion Testing
• How to be a Good Leader
• Conducting Taekwondo Demonstrations
• Counseling
• Taekwondo Terminology
• Basic Movements
• Standardized Poomsae (Taeguk and Kukkiwon Black Belt
Poomsae)
The Course will include Physical Activity along with Classroom
lectures.

The highest form I know is Pyung Won. Anyone who has done it before, is that going to hurt me?​

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
As an update, GM Bruce Harris has emailed the Textbook from this past July's course to all of those who have registered. This is a wonderful opportunity to read ahead and familiarize yourself with the material.

When I attended the Course in 2004, you did not have to have proof of criminal background check or first aid certification, both of which I think are important for anyone teaching a full contact martial art and/or dealing with children.

Looking forward to meeting some of you folks in another few weeks!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As an update, GM Bruce Harris has emailed the Textbook from this past July's course to all of those who have registered. This is a wonderful opportunity to read ahead and familiarize yourself with the material.

When I attended the Course in 2004, you did not have to have proof of criminal background check or first aid certification, both of which I think are important for anyone teaching a full contact martial art and/or dealing with children.

Looking forward to meeting some of you folks in another few weeks!

I DL'ed the textbook onto a flash drive & took it to Kinko's. 280-odd pages. They bound it into a book for around $34.00.

I agree the background check & first aid is really important for the same reasons that you mentioned.

See everyone in a few weeks.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kinkos!

You are a very smart man. I foolishly spent half the day cramming three pages at a time into my hole punch so I could put them in a binder.

Hopefully I will be slightly wiser by the course : )

See everyone there,

Dave O.

Latest Discussions