Kukkiwon Masters course in the U.S.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At this time they don't have any set tournament schedule, though I know they are working on trying to get something together.

When you talk about Olympic movement are you referring to sparring? They are not really concerned about that as they are more on the forms/breaking side of things. It is my understanding that they will continue to leave olympic stuff up to the USAT for now.

Are they trying to build a relationahip for those athlete that are trying to become Olympic hopefuls kunda like the AAU in some regards? I know time are tough but your sparring is it Olympic or point or both? So they do no type of sparring?

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Are they trying to build a relationahip for those athlete that are trying to become Olympic hopefuls kunda like the AAU in some regards? I know time are tough but your sparring is it Olympic or point or both? So they do no type of sparring?

I would gander to say that if they had sparring it would be Olympic style sparring. When building relations who would you be referring to? Building relations with USAT or WTF?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would gander to say that if they had sparring it would be Olympic style sparring. When building relations who would you be referring to? Building relations with USAT or WTF?

I mean with the KKW, WTF and or the USAT, AAU. I mean everything looks great, but do they expect to do any sparring in the future or just keep it there own way. I figure since alot of the upper people was from the old USTU some sort of sprring would be coming at some point.

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I registered and paid but got no confirmation from the ustc/ustf. I did get confirmation from Paypal though. I emailed the ustc but got no reply. It is interesting that there is no mention of the seminar on the ustc website. Also, the tkdseminar site is down again.....kinda worries me a little.Anyone have similar results?

OP
D

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Aw man,
you scared me again. It must be sporadic, but its up again. I guess we will live in anxious fear until we see more signs of it really happening.

Dave O.

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It has been said before and bears saying again. The KKW has a set curriculum that you have to perform in order to receive a KKW rank. Outside of that your school is able to do whatever it would like in teaching. I believe KKW's main curriculum consists of kyoguri, basic breaking techniques and taeguk forms. Those are the minimum standards that you have to meet. They don't set requirments on one-steps and other aspects of what may be taught at the school.
What are their kyoguri requirements? Are they the techniques on the Kukkiwon web site, because those look like step sparring to me.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm brushing up on my Korean terminology from the KKW textbook. Lots of things to memorize in a short time.

OP
D

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
It would be really cool if any of the folks that have taken the course could share as to what info may be beneficial to brush up on.

Thanks,

Dave O.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OP
D

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol! Probably one of the first to buy that a ways back. I highly recommend it. The different angles and detail are the best production I have seen in any training DVD. I would add the newest version of both Kukkiwon books as well. The detailed live shots fill in blanks very nicely.

Dave O.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I kept a sort of diary which I sent to the TKD Net. I'll be happy to email it to you if you PM me your email address.

BTW, it's kind of misnomer. It's actually an "Instructor" Course, not a "Masters" course.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I kept a sort of diary which I sent to the TKD Net. I'll be happy to email it to you if you PM me your email address.

BTW, it's kind of misnomer. It's actually an "Instructor" Course, not a "Masters" course.

I noticed they referred to it as a Master's course, too. It makes more sense to call it what it's called in Korea.

Latest Discussions