Kukkiwon certification

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ok, thank you for letting me know that. It actually makes me feel a lot better knowing someone who did it just before us, still hasn't gotten theirs. If uou would please. Keep me updated on when you get yours. Curious if ours will show up around the same time.

Ours arrived today. So hopefully you'll get yours soon!

Duke

White Belt
Reaction score
My student and I tested for and passed for our Kukkiwon rank on March 10th, 2021. According to the site we went through it could take up to several weeks.

It is Now June 30th. I have heard nothing about it since we tested. Now, I am a 30 year veteran of the arts. I tested for my 3rd Dan. He tested for his 1st Dan. We both hold other ranks through other styles of TKD. I also hold rank in other styles of martial arts..

My 1st and 2nd Dan test/promotion was, from start to finish, about 4 to 6 week, at most.

Definitely not over 2 months.

Are there others with the same issue. I even did a follow up email with the person I had been going through on March 21st and still have heard nothing back. My student did some research himself and said that through some organizations of Kukkiwon that getting the promotion finalized can take up to 3 months. I told him that neither I nor anyone I know in TKD has had to wait that long, EVER.

So is there something going on in the Kukkiwon world that they aren't just saying.

It also doesn't help me since I have never been a fan of organizations. Known too many people to be duped by them.

Thanks for any feedback.
Hi did you and your students finally get your Kukkiwon Certificates for your new grades? I know others who has been also waiting for 3 months from the same place. Just wondering if you had any luck with your application. Thanks in advance

OP
T

TheDojang

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi did you and your students finally get your Kukkiwon Certificates for your new grades? I know others who has been also waiting for 3 months from the same place. Just wondering if you had any luck with your application. Thanks in advance
My students is posted. He is just waiting on his actual certificate and ID card to come in the mail. His was done about a month and a half ago.

Mine was finally submitted about a week and a half ago. Just waiting on word it has gone through. But I seen verification that it was in fact submitted. So now I am just waiting patiently. I'm not as big on ranking as my student is just for the fact I lean more towards the self defense aspect of training. My student is more into the sport aspect than I am.

OP
T

TheDojang

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My students is posted. He is just waiting on his actual certificate and ID card to come in the mail. His was done about a month and a half ago.

Mine was finally submitted about a week and a half ago. Just waiting on word it has gone through. But I seen verification that it was in fact submitted. So now I am just waiting patiently. I'm not as big on ranking as my student is just for the fact I lean more towards the self defense aspect of training. My student is more into the sport aspect than I am.
Well, my student has all his stuff. Mine still hasn't cleared through the site yet.

For me, it isn't the fact that it's been 5 months, almost 5.5 months and still nothing on my 3rd. Like I said before. I started training American Kenpo 7/8 years ago. I now Hold a 1st Degree Black Belt in Kenpo, working on my 2nd. So my personal training has gone strictly self defense. I still teach sport style to a small group a few times a month. Primarily due to age. But I am getting ready to restart my self defense class.

What aggravates me more is the amount I paid for my 3rd and so far nothing. But I guess it is what it is..

Duke

White Belt
Reaction score
Well, my student has all his stuff. Mine still hasn't cleared through the site yet.

For me, it isn't the fact that it's been 5 months, almost 5.5 months and still nothing on my 3rd. Like I said before. I started training American Kenpo 7/8 years ago. I now Hold a 1st Degree Black Belt in Kenpo, working on my 2nd. So my personal training has gone strictly self defense. I still teach sport style to a small group a few times a month. Primarily due to age. But I am getting ready to restart my self defense class.

What aggravates me more is the amount I paid for my 3rd and so far nothing. But I guess it is what it is..
Thanks for the update. Glad your student got his, yours will come just a matter of time. Do you think the delays is because of the delay when it got submitted to Kukkiwon or because of the delays within Kukkiwon?

OP
T

TheDojang

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Glad your student got his, yours will come just a matter of time. Do you think the delays is because of the delay when it got submitted to Kukkiwon or because of the delays within Kukkiwon?
No clue. Nothing has really been communicated with me. Like I said, his was completed over a month ago. Ours was submitted same time. It shouldn't be delays with in the Kukkiwon. I know of people who submitted WAY after me and it went through in hours. So, I dont have a clue.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No clue. Nothing has really been communicated with me. Like I said, his was completed over a month ago. Ours was submitted same time. It shouldn't be delays with in the Kukkiwon. I know of people who submitted WAY after me and it went through in hours. So, I dont have a clue.
Did you ask the person who submitted it for the KMS approval code?

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think @andyjeffries mentioned he could see what's going on if you were to give him that code. Tagged him in this post so he'll hopefully get a notification on the thread.
Absolutely, share me the approval code and details for the promotion (PM is fine) and I'll try to get in touch with senior Kukkiwon staff to find out what's going on.

OP
T

TheDojang

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Absolutely, share me the approval code and details for the promotion (PM is fine) and I'll try to get in touch with senior Kukkiwon staff to find out what's going on.
0N2104W0. Daniel Wittler 3rd Dan. August 28, 1976. American

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
0N2104W0. Daniel Wittler 3rd Dan. August 28, 1976. American
OK, so I have some information for you.

I believe your examiner was Master Duke. Kukkiwon received the application to Kukkiwon on 2021.08.25, it was processed on the 28th of August and will be printed within the next couple of weeks and should be with you in a week or two after that.

I understand you took your test in March so were feeling frustrated with Kukkiwon being slow, but the examiner didn't send it in to Kukkiwon until 3 weeks ago. They've acted within their normal timeframes (25th of August to likely mid-October is about 6-7 weeks) but can't control when people actually apply.

OP
T

TheDojang

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
OK, so I have some information for you.

I believe your examiner was Master Duke. Kukkiwon received the application to Kukkiwon on 2021.08.25, it was processed on the 28th of August and will be printed within the next couple of weeks and should be with you in a week or two after that.

I understand you took your test in March so were feeling frustrated with Kukkiwon being slow, but the examiner didn't send it in to Kukkiwon until 3 weeks ago. They've acted within their normal timeframes (25th of August to likely mid-October is about 6-7 weeks) but can't control when people actually apply.
Well, thank you very much sir. That is a tremendous help and relief. Yeah, not sure why it wasn't sent sooner. But that is neither here nor there to me anymore. Hasn't been in some time. Just glad to know it is in fact in the process of being finalized. Thank you again sir.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, thank you very much sir. That is a tremendous help and relief. Yeah, not sure why it wasn't sent sooner. But that is neither here nor there to me anymore. Hasn't been in some time. Just glad to know it is in fact in the process of being finalized. Thank you again sir.
No worries, happy to help.

Glad I've managed to maintain my 100% record of being able to help when someone says "Kukkiwon is slow" and finding out it's not Kukkiwon ;-)

OP
T

TheDojang

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No worries, happy to help.

Glad I've managed to maintain my 100% record of being able to help when someone says "Kukkiwon is slow" and finding out it's not Kukkiwon ;-)
Lol, I didn't think it was Kukkiwon from the beginning. At my job, I am a Lead on 3rd shift. So communication and detailed information is vital to me. So I keep close tabs on everything. Or at least I should say I was pretty sure it wasn't Kukkiwon. Especially when my student went through almost 2 months ago. But yes, your record still stands.

Latest Discussions