Ki can it be used to make burn marks on boards or to levitate?

OP
T

TonyM.

KI can be used to cook a marvelous souffle. It doesn't over brown and there's no oven doors to slam causing it to deflate. If it does you can always use levitation to reinflate it. Splash of cognac and you're all set.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
ninhito said:
okay do you believe that you think that you can tell your body to heat up to about 100 degrees just to stay out of school? Or to keep saying something will happen over and over until believe it, then it happens? I have used ki or energy or faith , its basicly the same because its belief. You are what you think, say, believe...
I can sort of agree with you, I for one believe that you can do a lot of different things with energy, but if you are telling me that you can rip paper apart and melt cups than you are going to have to prove it to me.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ninhito said:
okay do you believe that you think that you can tell your body to heat up to about 100 degrees just to stay out of school?
Considering that we're already usually hovering around 98.6 degrees farenheit...and my normal temp is usually around 99...that's not much of an accomplishment...

ninhito

Orange Belt
Reaction score
bignick said:
Considering that we're already usually hovering around 98.6 degrees farenheit...and my normal temp is usually around 99...that's not much of an accomplishment...
well, for one, i dont want to kill myself, and i want to feel good enough afterwards to recover quickly, naturallly even, so i can do what i want at home on my own...

now that i think of it i agree with the guy about television being filled with "THE FAKENESS" so i will say okay...then that brings up the thought, can you even use your ki for anything outside of your body, maybe, just maybe...

I mean with some of the things where someone said something was going to happen and it happened, would incline that they either set it up like that or they guessed or they just knew it. Then to say that they guessed fourteen times is just freaky so i say that saying something like that that you want to be produced in the future can happen and would be like extending your ki into the future. So that brings uip another question. Is ki bound by time and space at all... I mean ive done stuff like saying something will happen and then, out of nowhere, it happens...

OP
R

relytjj

ninhito said:
okay do you believe that you think that you can tell your body to heat up to about 100 degrees just to stay out of school? Or to keep saying something will happen over and over until believe it, then it happens? I have used ki or energy or faith , its basicly the same because its belief. You are what you think, say, believe...
I really hope you're not serious about some of this.

It is impossible to will yourself to increase in temperature. There are these 4 crazy laws (0th, 1st, 2nd, 3rd Laws of Thermodynamics) which have just happened to stand up to scrutiny and testing time and time again (so far) and they completely debunk the possibility of what you are suggesting. I won't even make the scientific argument here because you probably will not care and will choose a fantastic, assumption based explaination over a simple, testable explaination.

To address the beliving in something and that belief making it happen issue. Ever heard of the placebo effect. The human mind is quite amazing and the placebo effect is really pretty cool however it doesn't really change the physical reality of the condition. If I were to give a cancer patient a new vaccine/shot/pill and convince them it would cure their cancer and they believed me wholeheartedly they would still have cancer after they have taken the medicine. There are just some things you can't wish away. You can change your perception or mindset, but you can't affect physical matter with thought.

I don't mean to be offensive to your beliefs but I think the whole concept of ki/chi in a mystical, magical sense is only believed by those who lack critical thinking and analysis abilities.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
relytjj said:
I don't mean to be offensive to your beliefs but I think the whole concept of ki/chi in a mystical, magical sense is only believed by those who lack critical thinking and analysis abilities.
Yeah, I used to be a amateur magician. I had many gigs. Then to get more appointments I had joined a local Magicians Guild.

Being a martial artist, I had put many Chi demos to the test in front of the other members.

Not only did they/we figure the demos out. We "proped them" and some of us used them in our acts.

Han-Mi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The one thing with body heat and ki is that your body temperature is already around 99 degrees. All it takes is a little extra movement in the muscles to push it over. I'm not entirely sure how well it transfers to other matter, or how you could concentrate it, but I would believe that someone could, say, boil water.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Han-Mi said:
The one thing with body heat and ki is that your body temperature is already around 99 degrees. All it takes is a little extra movement in the muscles to push it over. I'm not entirely sure how well it transfers to other matter, or how you could concentrate it, but I would believe that someone could, say, boil water.
You're joking-right?

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mark Weiser said:
Sure it is true. So is Talking Swords and Shields of Wisdom, Oh sorry I was thinking back to my D and D days of Monk Class characters. :jedi1:
...next you guys'll tell me that sword-chucks are a useless weapon...

Kaaaaaa....meee.....haaaaaaa....meeeee.....haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Attachments

• $Goku~SS3~Kamehameha.gif
    37.4 KB · Views: 141
OP
S

sammy3170

ppko said:
who was your instructor I am also a member of DKI and I have hard time believing that I would have to see it. You can do some amazing stuff with energy, but I am the type of guy that you would have to show me to prove it to me.

Who my instructor was is not important. All I know is he talks more than he does. Even if it was true he wouldn't teach it cos his ego would want stuff up his sleeve so he can look cool. Look I've never felt or seen anything that mindblowing so I really cannot state from experience.

Cheers
Sammy

OP
R

relytjj

47MartialMan said:
Yeah, I used to be a amateur magician. I had many gigs. Then to get more appointments I had joined a local Magicians Guild.

Being a martial artist, I had put many Chi demos to the test in front of the other members.

Not only did they/we figure the demos out. We "proped them" and some of us used them in our acts.
I think that's pretty cool. I always respected the wit and skill of magicians who would do some crazy act where I was seriously confused about how it was accomplished.

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Han-Mi said:

Boil water? How do you figure that, normal human body temp is 98.7* F. Water boils at 212* F you mean to tell me you can push your body heat up that much? Further more the human body is comprised of roughly 70% water... so if some one could boil water with their body heat... doesn't it stand to reason they would be boiling themselves?
nixweiss.gif

*sigh*

-Josh

ninhito

Orange Belt
Reaction score
maybe, I mean if you were to heat your hand, not your whole body, up to 212 degrees then you would be like a stove. Also wouldnt their be like internal martial art, like iron hand/fist and some other ones, that deal with ki/chi? I mean for there to be a whole lot of legends and stories about kung fu warriors, wouldnt there be someone who uses hot hands as an art...that would be cool...

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ninhito said:
maybe, I mean if you were to heat your hand, not your whole body, up to 212 degrees then you would be like a stove. Also wouldnt their be like internal martial art, like iron hand/fist and some other ones, that deal with ki/chi? I mean for there to be a whole lot of legends and stories about kung fu warriors, wouldnt there be someone who uses hot hands as an art...that would be cool...
Legends and Stories are just that-Legends and Stories.

Back in those days there wasnt TV or scince to prove otherwise.

Raconteurs were popular for entertainment and superstious beliefs.

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Shinobi_learner_73 said:
for many years ive been reading about the ability to make burn marks on boards by focusing your ki to your hands and scorching boards. ive also heard that u could float short distances by focusing your ki to your feet. is all this true?

Talk to David Blaine, he might know.

OP
R

relytjj

47MartialMan said:
No diffrent than those Chi demos:
It is in that magicians are entertaining others and not selling something. Magicians aren't convincing you it is possible to actually do some things they do and that you can do it also for only a small monthly fee.

Even those Shaolin Monks in your link (which i've heard about before, and they do some cool stuff) aren't trying to convince others that it is their mystical ki that is allowing them to accomplish the feats and then trying to sell the training to do so to others.

Latest Discussions