Just posting because I have nothing else to do.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I thought I would just post something I came across. No reason, no thoughts. Enjoy

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I got :49 seconds into this one and thought it would be a good fit here.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What's going through my mind at the moment. How do they have a gym like that?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow.... wow..... just........ wow.

3 things:

-that is NOT any Goju ryu sub-styles I'm aware of!
-the bow was certainly an epic feature, quite flamboyant and dramatic!
-the kata Seiunchin I.... recognised him doing in the last video..... was certainly an 'interesting' version XD (and I have seen aLOT of versions!!!)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I got :49 seconds into this one and thought it would be a good fit here.

I am confused on that one. One guy is wearing a Kung Fu type uniform. The older gentleman testing is wearing a Dobok and I think the guy in the back who came in later is wearing a Gi. Do you recognize those patterns?

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am confused on that one. One guy is wearing a Kung Fu type uniform. The older gentleman testing is wearing a Dobok and I think the guy in the back who came in later is wearing a Gi. Do you recognize those patterns?

Uh, that looks like the first few katas you learn in Karate ( white belt level kata). Why the hell is someone who is testing for a black belt getting foundational instructions for such basic kata? If you need instruction on how to do those basic kata, you shouldn’t be testing for your black belt.

Frankly, you shouldn’t be a brown belt either.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Uh, that looks like the first few katas you learn in Karate ( white belt level kata). Why the hell is someone who is testing for a black belt getting foundational instructions for such basic kata? If you need instruction on how to do those basic kata, you shouldn’t be testing for your black belt.

Frankly, you shouldn’t be a brown belt either.
Who is to say he is testing? He could be transitioning for style to style learning the forms or could just as easily be a private class. He is an older guy. As a fellow older guy I can appreciate the struggle.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Who is to say he is testing? He could be transitioning for style to style learning the forms or could just as easily be a private class. He is an older guy. As a fellow older guy I can appreciate the struggle.

At the beginning of the video, they say that is a black belt test.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
To be honest. I was totally lost. I tried to recognize hints of things, but it was such a mash-up of different things that it would almost look like something I recognized but then go straight into something else.

Thank you for the entertainment.
No problem. I don't know how I found it or what I was looking for before I saw it. I'm still trying to figure out how did he get so many students..

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you for the entertainment. :)
At least they went at it. I was actually impressed with some of the stuff they were able to pull off in the sparring. Looks like it was sparring between schools.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Haha.. it's like the uniting of martial arts! Ending all conflicts! Through practicing.......... something!

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Haha.. it's like the uniting of martial arts! Ending all conflicts! Through practicing.......... something!
That school offers Wing Chun and weapons too. The guy giving the test to the students also teaches the Bo Staff. It'll blow your mind and there's a baseball bat exercise.

Latest Discussions