Chuck Norris And Itf

D

Disco

I know this is about TKD, but I thought this would be of more interest in the General Thread.

While looking at the International TKD Federation's (Gen. Choi) website, I came across an interesting find. They have Chuck Norris listed as an 8th Dan in ITF. I thought Mr. N. was Tang Soo Do and had his own Organization? Any of you ITF people have some background info on this?

OP
K

kickerfour1999

This was an honary rank given by Gen. Choi Hong Hi to honor Master Norris for his work in martial arts.

OP
D

Disco

Just curious. They did'nt list it as honorary, that's what caught my attention.

OP
P

Pyros

Back when... TSD just about equalled TKD. And yes he has his own org but it has been aproved by the Korean orgs so he gets the high ranks from there. He isn't one of those "Made in America" soke - grandmasters. His dans are from legit orgs. He has forgotten more arts than most of use will ever even study.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pyros

He has forgotten more arts than most of use will ever even study.

Yes, as many MAists know, he originally trained in Korea when he was in the USAF. Also, back in the day when he was a competitor, he was quite the fighter in competitions. I saw him once give a demonstation at my middle school back in the 70's when I was a kid. His skills were awesome... :asian:

Latest Discussions