Israel and Hamas: War looms

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Faking photos isn't a new trick... (2007)
bullets.jpg
An elderly Iraqi woman shows two bullets which she says hit her house following an early coalition forces raid in the predominantly Shiite Baghdad suburb of Sadr City. At least 175 people were slaughtered on Tuesday and more than 200 wounded when four suicide truck bombs targeted people from an ancient religious sect in northern Iraq, officials said. (AFP/Wissam al-Okaili)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Faking photos isn't a new trick... (2007)
bullets.jpg
An elderly Iraqi woman shows two bullets which she says hit her house following an early coalition forces raid in the predominantly Shiite Baghdad suburb of Sadr City. At least 175 people were slaughtered on Tuesday and more than 200 wounded when four suicide truck bombs targeted people from an ancient religious sect in northern Iraq, officials said. (AFP/Wissam al-Okaili)
I guess you had to be there. :)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmm, mysterious bullets that manage to be fired and yet at the same time retain their cartridges ... new physics? Or old (and not very clever) politics?

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hmm, mysterious bullets that manage to be fired and yet at the same time retain their cartridges ... new physics? Or old (and not very clever) politics?

Holy ****! More magic bullets! Arlon Spector's ghost is a traitor!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Israel has got to settle the Palestine issue...how to do that, I have no idea. If both sides would keep their religion private rather than making it state policy, that'd help. Religiously-organized states are problematic around the world. Yes, I get that Israel is there for that purpose...I don't have a rational solution for this irrational problem.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Religion has nothing to do with the Middle East conflict, it's about land, water and power. Religion is the very last thing it's about.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Israel has got to settle the Palestine issue...how to do that, I have no idea. If both sides would keep their religion private rather than making it state policy, that'd help. Religiously-organized states are problematic around the world. Yes, I get that Israel is there for that purpose...I don't have a rational solution for this irrational problem.
There are Muslim members of the Israeli government, Israel is NOT a theocracy. Nor, is it, like "palestine" a thugocracy.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Nuke the entire region and be done with it. If they can't find a way to live together let them ****ing die together.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Israel is mostly secular. The conflict is not about religion. The conflict is about the Arab states being butt hurt because the Jews were given their tiny bit of desert back. And were then successful at transforming it into a democratic and economic powerhouse, while they opress their populations in ********s.

The conflict would be resolved very quicly by simply having the Arab staes recognize Israel as a country, and sitting down to negotiate borders they can all live with.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nuke the entire region and be done with it. If they can't find a way to live together let them ****ing die together.

Thanks for being so understanding about my family and friends, and not caring about killing 50% of a people.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for being so understanding about my family and friends, and not caring about killing 50% of a people.

Gee, I thought we were talking about two peoples here, Israeli and Palestinian, or aren't you worried at all for 'the other'.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score

This has to be one of the most ignorant post I have ever read. How murdering millions of people sound like anything close to a valid answer is beyond me.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Israel is mostly secular. The conflict is not about religion. The conflict is about the Arab states being butt hurt because the Jews were given their tiny bit of desert back.

Why was it their part of the desert? Remember, religion isn't a factor--don't use that in your answer.

Mostly secular? Their courts use religious law all the time.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This has to be one of the most ignorant post I have ever read. How murdering millions of people sound like anything close to a valid answer is beyond me.
When neither side is interested in peace the only other option is war without end.

Quite frankly I'm sick to death of the entire Middle-East situation and our countries being dragged into it by leaders who lack both spine and conviction.

It's never going to change. There is too much hate on both sides and a lot of it is justified. We should back out and leave the combatants to their own devices.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Why was it their part of the desert? Remember, religion isn't a factor--don't use that in your answer.

Mostly secular? Their courts use religious law all the time.

It's called archeology. Jews have been in that land for thousands of years.

The Israeli justice system uses Jewish Law the same way as the US uses Xtian law.

The only part of true Halacha found there, as it is in a lot of Western countries, is allowing WILLING parties to settle civil disputes through a Rabbinic Court.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When neither side is interested in peace the only other option is war without end.

Quite frankly I'm sick to death of the entire Middle-East situation and our countries being dragged into it by leaders who lack both spine and conviction.

It's never going to change. There is too much hate on both sides and a lot of it is justified. We should back out and leave the combatants to their own devices.

Israel is very much commited to peace. It's just hard to negotiate with countries who don't even want to recognize your right to exist.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Gee, I thought we were talking about two peoples here, Israeli and Palestinian, or aren't you worried at all for 'the other'.

Yes I care about the other side as well. Maybe it's because my parents survived a genocide that killed 1/3 of my people, nut I'm a tad sensitive when folks start talking about eliminating the Jews.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yes I care about the other side as well. Maybe it's because my parents survived a genocide that killed 1/3 of my people, nut I'm a tad sensitive when folks start talking about eliminating the Jews.
There are more than Jews in the middle east. Muslims, Christians and god knows who else are also there.

And the Jewish Holocaust was my grandfather's generation, not mine. I'm going to neither forget nor forgive it, but I'm not going to be held hostage by it either.