Is a Stab a "show stopper"??

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
They are not whopping great big germans with a heap of mass between the knife and yourself.

I have friends who researched in to it.
the knife doesn't actually get pointed at your own body, that's just a trick of perspective in the photo. The knife should actually be roughly parallel to the plane of your chest. It stabs in to the throat, behind the carotid and larynx, and then is ripped forward and out.

psycosteve

White Belt
Reaction score
Years ago I was doing security in MD on the border of PG county and SE DC. I was attacked by a knife-wielder and deflected it into his chest. I incorrectly assumed that once he was stuck he would be more compliant but that did not happen. It took me twisting the knife (pain compliance) to get him into handcuffs. I was soaked in his blood but I got lucky as I did not get anything from the attacker as he had HIV and the whole Hepatitis alphabet from years of shooting up. With the risk of getting something really nasty from contamination by blood-borne dangers. I just do not understand how blade combat is even still a thing.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
People still fight with knives. people still get stabbed with knives. Depending on where your live, there may be more or less of it happening.
A statistic that I found interesting is the correlation between population/housing density and gun vs. knife. Statistically, in Less populated/housed areas, knives are used about 30% more than guns.
Go figure.

Latest Discussions