Ip Man and Ip Man 2 are free on hulu.com right now

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No link?
I saw the first one on DVD... liked it. I saw no need for a second but hollywood apparently does.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
SWEET! I just watched these two a few weeks ago on Amazon. I bought Ip Man, and received the online rental for a week, until the DVD came. #2 is OK... it's got Samo in it!

Thanks, Man!

bugatabugata

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks rframe! I've been meaning to watch it for a while, just never got around to it. Turns out it's totally worth the hype. Bit heavy-handed with the propaganda, but really good all the same.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ip Man sucks

An interesting statement, albeit brief.

So, am I to understand that you dislike the movie... or Ip Sifu himself?

The former, I could understand... but, the latter? Um, no.

Would you be so kind as to clarify?

Thank you!

{salute}

fordtuff

White Belt
Reaction score
An interesting statement, albeit brief.

So, am I to understand that you dislike the movie... or Ip Sifu himself?

The former, I could understand... but, the latter? Um, no.

Would you be so kind as to clarify?

Thank you!

{salute}

The movies kick ***. Ip Sifu was just a skinny, no talent, drug addict who people try to credit with the creation of the realest cat in MA, Bruce Lee.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So what part of that was not suppose to be a flame or what part of that was not put there ot intentionally start a problem.... you are sounding familiar by the way

fordtuff

White Belt
Reaction score
So what part of that was not suppose to be a flame or what part of that was not put there ot intentionally start a problem.... you are sounding familiar by the way

When did I say there was a part that wasn't a flame? And maybe we went to school together or something, idk.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
The movies kick ***. Ip Sifu was just a skinny, no talent, drug addict who people try to credit with the creation of the realest cat in MA, Bruce Lee.

Grandmaster Yip Man was not always skinny , in his younger days he was quite broad shouldered and exhibited the characteristic Wing Chun vee shaped back.

It was only in the latter years that the ravages of opium abuse and illness caused him to become frail.
Also worth noting is that Wong Shun Leung and William Cheung probably had more to do with Bruce Lee than Yip Man did , apart from a few photo opportunities with Yip Man , Bruce Lee would have been taught by senior students for the brief few years that he trained in Wing Chun.

Having said all that , even with Yip Man being in the last stages of throat cancer and high as a kite on opium he could still kill you on your best day with one strike , and would expend very little energy in doing so.

fordtuff

White Belt
Reaction score
Grandmaster Yip Man was not always skinny , in his younger days he was quite broad shouldered and exhibited the characteristic Wing Chun vee shaped back.
Yes, because Wing Chun practitioners are known more for their physical fitness than say The Legend of Zelda.

It was only in the latter years that the ravages of opium abuse and illness caused him to become frail.
Also worth noting is that Wong Shun Leung and William Cheung probably had more to do with Bruce Lee than Yip Man did , apart from a few photo opportunities with Yip Man , Bruce Lee would have been taught by senior students for the brief few years that he trained in Wing Chun.
I didn't say I wanted to debate who trained Bruce Lee, I simply stated what the average person thinks.

Having said all that , even with Yip Man being in the last stages of throat cancer and high as a kite on opium he could still kill you on your best day with one strike , and would expend very little energy in doing so.
And what part of the deadly Wing Chun arsenal do you think he would have used? Chain tickle to the temple? A deadly low kick? Or is Dim Mak a part of the Wing Chun curriculum that few know about outside of the inner circle of teat suckling seniors in most Kwoons?

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, because Wing Chun practitioners are known more for their physical fitness than say The Legend of Zelda.

I didn't say I wanted to debate who trained Bruce Lee, I simply stated what the average person thinks.

And what part of the deadly Wing Chun arsenal do you think he would have used? Chain tickle to the temple? A deadly low kick? Or is Dim Mak a part of the Wing Chun curriculum that few know about outside of the inner circle of teat suckling seniors in most Kwoons?

Oh I doubt very much he would have to use anything special for you.
A simple palm strike to your jaw would do the trick , probably with enough power to break your neck.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Perhaps you missed the part of the rules that you agreed to upon joining, which state that trolling and posting to incite conflict are against the rules. If you have something productive to post, then post it. If you're here to cause trouble, you'll find your welcome worn out quickly!

MJS
MT Asst. Admin

fordtuff

White Belt
Reaction score
Perhaps you missed the part of the rules that you agreed to upon joining, which state that trolling and posting to incite conflict are against the rules. If you have something productive to post, then post it. If you're here to cause trouble, you'll find your welcome worn out quickly!

MJS
MT Asst. Admin

There's rules?? Why no troll?

Latest Discussions