Finally watched Ip Man

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I really liked the fight scenes. Now I have to rent Ip Man 2. Anyone watch Ip Man 2? How was it?

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
I really liked the fight scenes. Now I have to rent Ip Man 2. Anyone watch Ip Man 2? How was it?

Ip Man 2 was good, but I thought Ip Man 1 was better. Still Ip Man 2 is worth watching.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
totally agree.

IP Man 1 was the best. Ip Man 2 is good, but 1 is better. I bought them both on Bluray. worth it.

I like Donnie Yen. Good actor. I thought the Ip Man 3 was next in his time line, but the one out they are calling Ip Man 3 the legend is born isnt even donnie yen and its a prequel.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I feel like the nerd who has never seen Star Wars right now. ;) I will rent it this weekend.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ip Man 2 was good, but I thought Ip Man 1 was better. Still Ip Man 2 is worth watching.

I agree with this as well. I really enjoyed the movie and seeing Sammo Hung in action again, but though the first one was alot better for overall plot.

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I saw two movies and both are really good, the fisrt one is the best however the second one is good too, the other movie I saw was Kuro Obi and it's very good too.

I saw the Way fist foot na d don't like it, it has hylarius moments but I dislike it.

Manny

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I feel like the nerd who has never seen Star Wars right now. ;) I will rent it this weekend.
That is how I was. After watching 1, I was like, why did I not see this when it came out. The fight sceens were very entertaining. The over plot was good but I wonder how much was embelished for the sake of the movie.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
totally agree.

IP Man 1 was the best. Ip Man 2 is good, but 1 is better. I bought them both on Bluray. worth it.

I like Donnie Yen. Good actor. I thought the Ip Man 3 was next in his time line, but the one out they are calling Ip Man 3 the legend is born isnt even donnie yen and its a prequel.
I read that Donnie Yen said that he would never do another Ip Man movie again. Only because there are now 3 or 4 Ip Man movies in production and he does not want to be a part of an over saturated theme. He said that they are over doing it basiclly. But I did like him as an actor.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I agree with the consensus. Ip Man was a great kung fu movie. The second one was good... but not like the first.

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I liked IP Man 2, but I was not a fan of the wire work. The fighting on the tables seemed phoney to me.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
I saw two movies and both are really good, the fisrt one is the best however the second one is good too, the other movie I saw was Kuro Obi and it's very good too.

I saw the Way fist foot na d don't like it, it has hylarius moments but I dislike it.

Manny

Ip Man was OK, I thought, but I never bothered to see the second one. Kuro-obi was one of the few MA movies that I'd actually consider watching more than once. It was quite good.

Pax,

Chris

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ip Man was OK, I thought, but I never bothered to see the second one. Kuro-obi was one of the few MA movies that I'd actually consider watching more than once. It was quite good.

Pax,

Chris
Rent Musa if you have a chance. You may like that one.

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From a WC pov Ip man was a great movie, one of the best.

Ip man 2 was ok but not something I would buy to watch over and over.

The prequel Ip Man a legend is born started OK then turned into a ridiculous story!!

Nice too know that other MA guys enjoyed Ip man too.