Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
'Inmate'? That's offensive!
By KATHIANNE BONIELLO NY Post EXCERPT:

Last Updated: 7:16 AM, July 3, 2011

Posted: 12:46 AM, July 3, 2011
Who you callin' an inmate?

The family of a coldblooded killer serving 25 years to life in state prison for shooting a man in the head complains he's being stigmatized -- by the use of the term "inmate."
The label "implies that our brother is locked up for the purpose of mating with other men," claims Marie Domond in a lawsuit against the state Correctional Services Department.
The Brooklyn federal court filing demands that officials immediately stop calling Gerard Domond "an inmate."
It apparently hurts his feelings. Sis seeks $50 million damages for "mental anguish."

END EXCERPT
Can't we start having a few people shot for being this stupid?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
:lfao:
hmmm
I am sure he will get a lot of that too....

but how about
convict
murderer
prisoner

yeah, they invented inmate to not call them jailbirds....

<facepalm>

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
After thinking about this some more, I've decided she should be beaten with a dictionary, then forced to read it.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
After thinking about this some more, I've decided she should be beaten with a dictionary, then forced to read it.

Sounds like a sensible solution to me!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
'Inmate'? That's offensive!
By KATHIANNE BONIELLO NY Post EXCERPT:

Last Updated: 7:16 AM, July 3, 2011

Posted: 12:46 AM, July 3, 2011
Who you callin' an inmate?

The family of a coldblooded killer serving 25 years to life in state prison for shooting a man in the head complains he's being stigmatized -- by the use of the term "inmate."
The label "implies that our brother is locked up for the purpose of mating with other men," claims Marie Domond in a lawsuit against the state Correctional Services Department.
The Brooklyn federal court filing demands that officials immediately stop calling Gerard Domond "an inmate."
It apparently hurts his feelings. Sis seeks $50 million damages for "mental anguish."

END EXCERPT
Can't we start having a few people shot for being this stupid?
You are never going to get 50 million if you don't try.
Sean

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
idk...isn't prison supposed to break someone down like that?

They are just trying to bank on a far left wing judge or something, or the press/media involved.

Although I do agree that the prison system is in need of a few changes..but most of those can happen from decriminalizing drugs and such.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We shouldn't call him 'incarcerated' either, because that would suggest he's in a car.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
The older I get, the more I am convinced that a significant portion of the human population is just, as a friend puts it, "dumber than hell." I think she oughta be forced to buy said dictionary that she should be smacked with as well. Losing money would probably be the only thing to make an impression.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The older I get, the more I am convinced that a significant portion of the human population is just, as a friend puts it, "dumber than hell." I think she oughta be forced to buy said dictionary that she should be smacked with as well. Losing money would probably be the only thing to make an impression.

I'm sure being smacked with a fine for bringing a frivolous lawsuit will get the idea across.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I figured that out when I was about 13...

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm sure being smacked with a fine for bringing a frivolous lawsuit will get the idea across.
No, hit her with the dictionary, much funnier than a fine.
BTW, if she can find any dictionary that EVER listed that as a definition for INMATE, she should get a $50 dictionary... Upside her head

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mental Anguish is the point of prison! If prisoners have no mental anguish then the prisons are failing.......

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

to my way of thinking, if he is locked up for murder then the definition given is more than likely one that is the correct claim of what he is now doing even if it is not why he was locked up