Reaction score
hi , i hope this is the right forum for this post!

i broke my big toe on my right foot today...it hurt.....a lot.......anyway ive recently broken my finger and the hospital said it would take 6 weeks to heal , and the brake in my toe isnt as bad (a chip off the metatarsal , my finger had the ligement rip off some of the bone) and they said it would heal quickly , so have any of you guys had a brake in your toe? and if so how long did it take before you could continue training?

thanks

chris

p.s. and i thought having a broken finger and not being able to punch with one arm was bad!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Might have, don't know, I tapped it up and kept on training, But I do not recommend this, do what your doctor says

But when I broke my ankle that took me out for about 6 weeks, but I got damn good at a front kick while balancing on crutches and something else I started calling Crutch fu.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Listen to your doctor and listen to your body, if you go back to soon, you end up being out even longer. Took me a loooooooong time to learn that, and it's very frustrating getting on the mat and then having to stay off for another couple of weeks because you reinjure yourself.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Incidentally I have broken several toes through the years. All of which I just taped and continued training as best I could. Once again get your doctors advice and good luck.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agree with everybody here, go with your doctors advice. When I broke my big toe I took 2 Aleve, worked 12 hours in work boots, then when I put on the shoes I train in, they actually felt good, so I trained that night. After a couple of days of training, sitting around watching tv one evening, the wife noticed my toe and came unglued on me (she being an ER nurse) for not seeing the doctor and training. He wasn't too impressed either, but told me I wouldn't listen to him anyway so he was going to save his breath, as long as I could stand it, tape it and go on with life.

Take your doctors advice first, then listen to what your body says you can do.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Toes are probably the worst thing to break. I broke my toe once by stubbing it on the dresser and kept on training. Thing to months to heal and it looked horrible. I would listen to the doctor on this one.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can only echo what everyone else has said about the injury. Keep in mind that the 6 week quote is most likely assuming that you're going to do your part as well, and take it easy. Unfortunately, because there really isn't much that can be done for a broken toe and we need to walk to get around, its possible it could take longer, depending on how much you rest the injury.

Good luck and a speedy recovery! :)

Mike

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your injury, Chris. Look on the bright side. Now you've got more time to work on your abs, cuz ya won't be doing any of those pesky kicks.:uhyeah:

Sorry, I hate being out of action, too. Just trying to lighten things up.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can only echo the same listen to your doctor and go from there, but like most people have stated when mine was broke taped it up and keeped training.

drummingman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i think i broke my big toe in my sleep once,maybe twice.i kick and punch stuff sometimes in my sleep.
i would say see your doc and follow his advice.you don't want to keep re-injurying it.but at the same time,if it does not really hurt try training for a little while and see how it goes.

Latest Discussions