Independent Tae Kwon Do School owners in need of some testing information for myself

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
We have. Positive healthy minded seniors and teachers will help shape a positive and healthy view of the greater Taekwondo world. Negative confused minded seniors and teachers will do the opposite, dragging their follower back into the abyss of ignorance.

I don't know if their seniors or teachers were negative and confused minded so much as the students and juniors simply took it the wrong way and dragged themselves down the abyss of ignorance. I say that because often times you see students change instructors and they always end up with the same results - a mouth full of bitterness and resentment. Some people cannot learn or progress no matter who their teachers are, with their issues, prejudices or internal conflicts serving as a barrier to learning, and to freedom. The essence of what you and I try to do is to give people what they need so that they can be free, like us. Nobody tells us what to do. We do things because we choose to, because we can. But some people do not wish to be free. Instead they wish to be angry, and hang on to that anger as if that is the only thing that sustains them. Maybe they are right, maybe anger is the only thing keeping them going, anger at their parents, their teachers, their seniors.

oh well, what can you do.

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Longboat Key over looking Sarasota Bay, at least u
I don't know if their seniors or teachers were negative and confused minded so much as the students and juniors simply took it the wrong way and dragged themselves down the abyss of ignorance. I say that because often times you see students change instructors and they always end up with the same results - a mouth full of bitterness and resentment. Some people cannot learn or progress no matter who their teachers are, with their issues, prejudices or internal conflicts serving as a barrier to learning, and to freedom. The essence of what you and I try to do is to give people what they need so that they can be free, like us. Nobody tells us what to do. We do things because we choose to, because we can. But some people do not wish to be free. Instead they wish to be angry, and hang on to that anger as if that is the only thing that sustains them. Maybe they are right, maybe anger is the only thing keeping them going, anger at their parents, their teachers, their seniors.

oh well, what can you do.

True. The dark side has deteriorated to near non-existence :)

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking what are some of the options??

After reading your post about the curriculum/lineage that you come from, and seeing the gracious offer that Master Cole has given you, honestly, I would think that this would be an ideal fit for you. If you feel that it is not, PM me and we could discuss one other possibility.

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This thread randomly popped up in a google search I was doing, and for a minute I thought I started it. Except my thread was in 2010, but the 2nd dan and Chun Do Kwan are dead on with me.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I do that normally. I don't charge testing, or any kind of fees. My dojang students pay all kinds of fees, but outside people/instructors are not my students. I don't ask other Taekwondoin to become my student and rarely accept other Taekwondoin as my student, that would take years of a good relationship. I don't collect geup fees, association fees, etc. Nothing. I do ask them to pay the application fee though. However, in cases where a person is not able to, I will pay it and we teach them for free.
<Bowing while typing>

Sir, I must say - that, to me, exemplifies what a leader in martial arts is. We would all be served well to follow your example.