In 50 years from now, what will people be nostalgic for from around today's time period?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was joking when I said that Ford Pinto was designed as a flying car.

The Flying Pinto Was the Worst Idea in Flying Car History

The idea was simple enough: take a regular car and a small airplane and modify them both, so a person could drive the car to an airport, fit the car and the waiting airframe together, take off from the runway, come down a few hundred miles away at another air strip, detach from the airframe and then drive the car away.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

The idea was simple enough: take a regular car and a small airplane and modify them both, so a person could drive the car to an airport, fit the car and the waiting airframe together, take off from the runway, come down a few hundred miles away at another air strip, detach from the airframe and then drive the car away.

what could possibly go wrong?!

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
In 50 years from now, what will people be nostalgic for from around today's time period?

And how accurate would people 50 years in the past from today (1970) have been at predicting what we today would be nostalgic about?
I would say listening to music from our smart phones or even phones in general. There are already talks about devices such as Elon Musk's replacing the functions of smartphones via brain chips etc

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think maybe in fifty years people will look back and say “hey remember when we could still breathe the air? Remember when people used to live in California, Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Nevada, before it became it a firestorm hellscape? Remember when the Western United States didn’t average in temperature over 120 degrees, and that vast desert was inhabitable and inhabited?”

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Maybe they explained this, but I don’t speak German. But my question is, why the Pinto? If they had done this with the Mustang, now that would have really taken off! (See what I did there?)

Latest Discussions