I'm disgusted with UFC, MMA, and...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The difference though when you say you don't like a famous person is that you get accused of all sorts. In 'real life' you say you don't like someone and it's 'whatever'. Say you don't like someone like Rousey and watch the slagging start 'you're just jealous', 'you've never done anything' etc etc ad nauseam. People won't accept that you just don't like certain celebrities while accepting not liking real life people is normal.
I remember that thread, but I don't remember anyone slagging you, saying you were jealous or any of that. As I recall, it was a funny thread where you were oddly prickly that rousey was named the SI Worlds Most Dominant Female Athlete. you do realize that the thread is still around, so people can read what you actually wrote, rather than the version you're peddling now.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you know... It IS the UK, so ya got it come'n.

Ooops.

;)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Well, I thought I would be smart and give you the origin of your UK surname so I could laugh, I looked it up and got a surprise. It seems it is English and from the north of England no less, looking at the site it says "north country surname. There are no less than seventeen coats of arms, all but one were granted to northern nameholders, and all seem to be associated with the Lawson family of Brough Hall, Yorkshire, whose origins are traceable back to the time of Richard 111, and 'The War of the Roses'."

Now the surprise is that Brough Hall is barely a mile and a half from my house. So, sunshine, we are just about neighbours lol!

Surname Database: Lawson Last Name Origin

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
. It's even gone as far as insulting the UK and UK fight shows because 'we haven't produced anyone like her', <

Nah.

Mostly pointing out that the UK is geographically smaller than 11 of our states: Alaska, Texas, California, Montana, Wyoming, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, Nevada and Michigan, and that the UK is economically poorer than any single U.S. state-including our poorest ones, and that the UK's population is one fifth of that of the U.S. isn't "insulting," it's just telling the truth. All of those things make our shows (like the UFC, King of the Cage, etc....) more important than yours-the "big league" to your "ham and egg circuit," so to speak.....none of this is insulting, it's just telling the truth-just as saying that the UK owes its entire existence as a nuclear super-power to the US's largesse is largely the truth, and not at all "insulting."

It's trash talk for the easily offended lol.

Unless, as someone pointed out in this thread about what constitutes 'trash talk," one is somewhat thin-skinned.....:rolleyes:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah.

Mostly pointing out that the UK is geographically smaller than 11 of our states: Alaska, Texas, California, Montana, Wyoming, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, Nevada and Michigan, and that the UK is economically poorer than any single U.S. state-including our poorest ones, and that the UK's population is one fifth of that of the U.S. isn't "insulting," it's just telling the truth. All of those things make our shows (like the UFC, King of the Cage, etc....) more important than yours-the "big league" to your "ham and egg circuit," so to speak.....none of this is insulting, it's just telling the truth-just as saying that the UK owes its entire existence as a nuclear super-power to the US's largesse is largely the truth, and not at all "insulting."

Unless, as someone pointed out in this thread about what constitutes 'trash talk," one is somewhat thin-skinned.....:rolleyes:

However that's not the way a particular poster put it, it was phrased as an insult so there's no being thin skinned about it, it was a deliberate insult along with the personal ones that went with it. However seeing as this person makes a hobby out of chucking insults out at me it wasn't a surprise and for the record it wasn't you just in case people think I was talking about you.
Oh and we aren't a nuclear super power, we're a Tory blighted underclass suffering under the Eton Mafia.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, I thought I would be smart and give you the origin of your UK surname so I could laugh, I looked it up and got a surprise. It seems it is English and from the north of England no less, looking at the site it says "north country surname. There are no less than seventeen coats of arms, all but one were granted to northern nameholders, and all seem to be associated with the Lawson family of Brough Hall, Yorkshire, whose origins are traceable back to the time of Richard 111, and 'The War of the Roses'."

Now the surprise is that Brough Hall is barely a mile and a half from my house. So, sunshine, we are just about neighbours lol!

Surname Database: Lawson Last Name Origin
My first ancestor in the U.S. was apparently Scottish. From what I can gather, he rebelled against he King so they chucked him out (indentured) to the Colonies where, to their great surprise, he promptly rebelled. :D

She Who Must Be Obeyed was doing some genealogical research and dug this up whereupon promptly quoth she, "Well that explains a lot."

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and we aren't a nuclear super power, we're a Tory blighted underclass suffering under the Eton Mafia.

And a nuclear superpower....in fact, I'd wager that if you spent less money on you military, you'd be at least as wealthy as Mississippi.......
rolling.gif
[

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And a nuclear superpower....in fact, I'd wager that if you spent less money on you military, you'd be at least as wealthy as Mississippi.......
rolling.gif
[

Not really because the nuclear weapons we have are actually yours.............. http://www.cnduk.org/images/stories/briefings/missiledefence/UK_US_reliance.pdf

We are actually a very wealthy country however the government seems hell bent on making the rich richer and the poor dead. It keeps saying we need to cut spending and embrace austerity but the truth is we don't, they just need to stop giving our money to big companies which they do with alarming frequency. They love to whinge that we are poor so they don't have to pay for things like the police, fire brigades, roads, prisons and suchlike. We're about the seventh richest country in the world but you wouldn't think so to hear the Tories whinge.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but you pay us for all that....more proof that you're just the 51st state.....
rolling.gif

No, dear, we aren't the 51st State, we are just in a state. Come the revolution though...... :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
However that's not the way a particular poster put it, it was phrased as an insult so there's no being thin skinned about it, it was a deliberate insult along with the personal ones that went with it. However seeing as this person makes a hobby out of chucking insults out at me it wasn't a surprise and for the record it wasn't you just in case people think I was talking about you.
I really hope this isn't referring o me.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mistake.....you're the 53rd, after Puerto Rico and Guam.......
rolling.gif

and the US is our rebellious teenager who thinks it funny to try to wind up mum and dad who have already been through this with their other kids and are just humouring said teen.

Is the OP coming back do you think?

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
and the US is our rebellious teenager who thinks it funny to try to wind up mum and dad who have already been through this with their other kids and are just humouring said teen.

Is the OP coming back do you think?
I doubt if the OP is coming back any time soon. Seems more like a troll and go sort of fellow to me.
I did have a giggle at the Brit bashing though. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt if the OP is coming back any time soon. Seems more like a troll and go sort of fellow to me.
I did have a giggle at the Brit bashing though. :)

LOL, it's fine we can take it after all, a new country is bound to be a bit insecure whereas we've seen it all before. Nothing new under the sun, my house is, after all, older than your country. :D

Latest Discussions