Im Baaaack!!

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ok so I know you all didnt miss me...Ive been so crazy busy...Just ask Bob H!

Last Thursday I reached Blue belt status! YAY! @ weeks before I sprained my ankl (no TKD incident) ont hat same day though we did Kicking for miracles for the World Class TKD organization...so I did 2 hours of board breakig...with a sprained ankle not even knowing that it was sprained LOL Tested and did my board break with it too...took me a few tries but I got it!

Tonight I might have my first class of contact sparring...Im kinda nervous...so Im thinking of watching it first before I join up....not sure what to expect!

My youngest daughter is now in TKD as well! She just got her Yellow belt last week too! The kid is pumped up about this so much that she is already asking to take sparring classes and she isnt quite 8 years old! LOL I had to explain to her that its not like free sparring in class where there isnt any contact...I said you will get kicked and it WILL hurt...she just looked at me...so Im not sure whats going on in her head.....

More updates coming soon!!!

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
1. Welcome back!
2. Of ocurse you were missed. :) Dontcha hate how Real Life TM gets in the way of perfectly good training and MT'ing?
3. congrats on your promotion and your daughter startign training.
4. Take care of that ankle.

Peace,
Erik

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome back glad to see everything is going great. Keep going and keep training.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shelley, I'e been on holiday but haven't forgotten you, got more postcards!! Give me a day to unpack lol and they'll be on there way!

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good to see you back!!

Congrats to you and your daughter! Blue belt is a biggie in my opinion, and a student's first belt, be it yellow, yellow stripe, orange, or whatever, is always a big step!

I can relate to life being crazy. I would not be on as much except that my job allows my posting in between calls.

And of course you were missed!

Daniel

OP
ShelleyK

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Shelley, I'e been on holiday but haven't forgotten you, got more postcards!! Give me a day to unpack lol and they'll be on there way!

Did you ever gett he ones i sent to you??? I sent I think 7 or 8 of them! I just assumed you got them even though I didnt hear back from you! If you didnt I will send more!

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome back and congrats to you and your daughter!

What did you do for your test besides the break? What do you get to learn as a newly-minted blue belt?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever gett he ones i sent to you??? I sent I think 7 or 8 of them! I just assumed you got them even though I didnt hear back from you! If you didnt I will send more!

Sorry no, never arrived! Depends when you sent them though we are going through a series of postal strikes!

OP
ShelleyK

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I cant remember when I sent it :( But I bet it was during a strike then!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a shame but never mind! I have some of Cornwall for you, including one of Jamaica Inn if you are a fan of Daphne Du Maurier? She set many of her books in the area.

OP
ShelleyK

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
She wrote Rebecca as well, right??? Id LOVE to get those!! Thanks SO much!!

Latest Discussions