IKF PKB midwest

GojuTommy

Black Belt
Reaction score
I lost my fight, and if this was a full contact event, Iā€™d be happy to end this post right here Iā€™m my shame.

However, there were several issues with my ref either not knowing the rules or simply refusing to enforce the rules.

1. No axe kicks or spinning kicks without a padded shoe that covers the heel.
My opponent did not have this shoe, and was not DQā€™d despite doing at least 5 spinning or axe kicks.

2. They specifically said if you cannot deliver a kick to the head with control do not do it.
They warned him about every axe/spinning kick he landed on me (3). Never DQā€™d for repeated violations of contact rules

3. He did a hip throw. (Illegal)On its own I wouldnā€™t have cared but I had the upper hand in the clinch every time.

4. Knowing he was a TKD BB, my plan was get close often, but nearly every time I got too close for kicks and threw hands, he ran out of the ring. (I took 1 step out 1 time and immediately charged back in.) and he did land a solid side kick that pushed me out.

5. We were fighting unified KB rules that allowed 5 second clinch, the Ref never once allowed the clinch to last 5 seconds despite me throwing legal techniques in the clinch. One time he broke it up immediately while I was mid swing.

6. There were at least 2 (my opponent and a girl from the host gym) people declared winner because of TKO, which per their own rules is not allowed and a KO or TKO would result in a DQ.

OP
G

GojuTommy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Called the organizer, he was dismissive, justified the dude doing techniques he shouldnā€™t have been doing based on his equipment by saying ā€˜he hit you with his toes not his heelā€ despite me having it on video that it was clearly his heel that hit me.

He told me none of the axe kicks were full contact, and if I wanted little touchy touch point karate to go do point karate.

OP
G

GojuTommy

Black Belt
Reaction score
That doesnā€™t look like a covered heel nor does it look like a toe making contact.

To be fair I did catch it and punch him in the face afterwards lol

Attachments

• 1A9F28A9-60BF-45C9-8236-8A36CAC5C20A.png
    1A9F28A9-60BF-45C9-8236-8A36CAC5C20A.png
    378.1 KB · Views: 33
OP
G

GojuTommy

Black Belt
Reaction score
I called the organizer to make him aware of my emails and just touch base with him, but he immediately got defensive, and tried to justify it all.

ā€œWell it was that refā€™s first time thatā€™s why I was there.ā€
ā€œwell itā€™s ok he was throwing axe kicks because he hit you with his toes not his heelsā€
ā€œIt didnā€™t look full contact to me. If you want touchy point karate, do that instead.ā€

He said heā€™d review the videos I have, but I really doubt he actually will. Iā€™ll send them regardless to give him the benefit of the doubt that he really does care about this sort of stuff.

OP
G

GojuTommy

Black Belt
Reaction score
New info my gf didnā€™t trust me to get the insurance paperwork so she went to get it from the nurse on site, who then adamantly refused to give it to her.

Luckily the organizer was at least forthcoming with it.

Latest Discussions