If you could master any two MA what would it be?

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm going to go against the grain here.

As I understand it, the game is to choose any two martial arts that I would be granted instant 'mastery' of via genie wishes, right?
I didn't get that impression at all.
The original question was. "If you could master..."
It doesn't ask if you were given or granted mastery.

It is the struggle to learn that makes it worth knowing. No struggle, no value.
Agreed.
Likewise, I think 'mastery' is not possible, but I wasn't going to quibble with that.
Agreed. It is a constant refinement and growth.

Being on the path is far more important to me than getting any specific place.
Enjoy the journey, have fun, practice, be honest in your assessment of yourself, improvement will happen.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't get that impression at all.
The original question was. "If you could master..."
It doesn't ask if you were given or granted mastery.

The OP modified his statement: "This is instant wishes:)"

Enjoy the journey, have fun, practice, be honest in your assessment of yourself, improvement will happen.

I believe that also. But whether or not improvement happens, I'm not concerned with it. It's not my goal, it's a side-effect.

Koshiki

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I think instant mastery would be pretty fun for a month or so, but really, it's not the being good that I love about the martial arts, it's the getting good.

Anyway, to actually answer the question, and assuming my own art is out of the question... (Because, I mean, obviously the one I'm training in is the one I'm most interested and invested in improving in.)

For martial-y martial art purposes the two arts that have always most attracted me are Win Tsun and Goju Ryu. Love 'em from the extremely limited experiences I've had. They just mesh well with my understanding of and preferences for the martial arts.

For art-y martial art purposes, some form of Taiji Chuan and Baguazhang, especially the Bagua. Gosh, that stuff is beautiful to watch.

MMAexamined

White Belt
Reaction score
I wanted to write BJJ and aikido... but after reading all those fancy disciplines you mentioned... I'm not going too deep into this :p

Latest Discussions