I want to know that the certificates issued by kukiwon is fake or genuine.

Anil

White Belt
Reaction score
Sir,
The cerificates which are issued by taekwondo board of india through kukiwon is that certificates are fake or genuine?

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You should be able to go to this website:

K.M.S Unifying the world with Taekwondo We are the KUKKIWON family

Click on "PROMOTION".

Click on "Check for Poom/Dan".

Enter the Poom/Dan number, along with the country (India) and date of birth. If the certificate is real, the information should appear in the Kukkiwon database...unless the database is not working, which happens sometimes.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I dunno are the on a piece of card and signed and tell you what rank you are. If they are then they're real

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
TrueJim is right. And if you have a hard time using that site (it's only in Korean and English, and the English translation is not good), maybe you can take a photo of the certificate you received and show it to us, and we could tell you if it looks real.

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
If the certificate is real, the information should appear in the Kukkiwon database...unless the database is not working, which happens sometimes.

It seems down. I am not listed,using either my name or KKW number. A year ago when I checked, I was listed.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I dunno are the on a piece of card and signed and tell you what rank you are. If they are then they're real

In this day and age of the internet, printing up legit looking stuff that's fake is pretty easy. People were printing up fake driver's licenses that looked good to get in the bars when I was in grad school 15 years ago.

What if the student doesn't know what it's supposed to look like? If I walked into a Kukkiwon dojang, I'd have no clue if the certificate was real or not. No idea what an authentic one looks like. How would I know if he made his own and had his mother sign it?

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I tried searching for myself by name just now. After a few failed attempts, I got this error:

죄송합니다. 시스템의 오류가 발생하였습니다.

문제가 계속 발생할 경우 관리자에 문의하시기 바랍니다.

(Sorry. A system error has occurred.

If you continue to have problems, please contact your administrator.)

Then I reloaded the webpage and searched for myself by dan number...and there I was! Most surprisingly, my 2nd dan appears to have been processed already. Woot!

But to the larger point...one would think that in this day and age we'd have a more reliable (and more searchable) online database.

Latest Discussions