I think this here is way better than wing chun

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As I said, they might be able to deter people just by the cost of dealing with the litgation. There's no way I can see that they'd maange to win in court.
I think it would actually be foolish to try. It's a Japanese word in wide use. It would be akin to trying to claim ownership of the word kung fu of taiji or karate. I could see them trying to put some limits on use of the name Ed Parker, but not Kenpo, and I think the attempt would be ludicrous on its face and would not be seen as a credible threat.

This is so far after the fact, there is just no grounds for it. They should have made thes claims decades ago, before millions of people were using it unrestricted. It's difficult to unring that bell.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
See you are the only one I know who says that. Blackbelt magazine for example calls both kyokyushin and kenpo a traditional art. This is why I don't pay much attention to these terms MMA and TMA because in the end what does it matter what the label is?

Neither is better or worse than another and it all depends on the person whether they will be proficient or not.

Well frankly they're wrong. The arts that both Kyokushin and American Kenpo derived from weren't traditional martial arts, so how in the world can those descendant styles be considered traditional when their parent arts were not?

Latest Discussions