I....am switching...

Nyrotic

Green Belt
Reaction score
So yeah, I found this guy that teaches private Wing Chun lessons about 5 minutes from where I live. As some of you may or may not know, I'm currently enrolled in the Shaolin-do Kung Fu school, but after taking a lesson from this WC guy, I suddenly feel as if I've been blind for the past year and a half. The level of attention and precision given to all the forms and movents from the WC guy is just way so much more than my current teacher and my current school's 900+ forms. I swear, holding that goat-catching stance for a few seconds hurt way more than a low horse stance ever did.....and boy did that pain last....it hurt....so goooood....

Yeah, I like-a Wing Chun now. For better or for worse, that I shall discover in a few months.

Wish me luck brothers of the fist, wish me luck.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
wow...congratulations Nyrotic!

Wing Chun is a very cool art....hope its a good journey for you!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The BEST of luck to you...Keep us posted..

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's great news! It's always fantastic finding an art or instructor that just *clicks* and being excited about a new direction in training. Congrats and keep us posted on your training. :)

Christina05

Green Belt
Reaction score
Good luck. Its always a great feeling when you find the right instructor

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck!
I had a blast when I was taking Wing Chun way back when, so I hope/think you will continue to enjoy it.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck with your training! :)

Mike

OP
Nyrotic

Nyrotic

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, I've begun. My sifu in WC has already laid the foundations of Wing Chun in my mind, the Goat-catching stance, how to punch, block, chain-punch, that sort of thing. He's also taught me a relaxing and a breathing exercise, says the relaxing one helps me create a good rooting and the breathing one helps me gather internal energy.

And yes, I said 900+ forms, ever heard of Shaolin-do? I'm not saying anything's wrong with them, hell I've stuck by them for over a year now, it's just that there seems to be alot of controversy over them/us.....WHICH of course we'll leave out of this thread ^^

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear it's turning out to be as good as you thought. Sometimes an art we're involved in is going OK--maybe even pretty good--but another one comes along that's just 'us'. Sounds like you've found the one that's you. :ultracool Glad to hear it. :)

Ignignokt

White Belt
Reaction score
Wing Chun can be a great art if taught well. It can be very effective in real life situations:

Last edited by a moderator:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have had some experience with Shao-Lin Do and Wing Chun. I suspect you have made the better choice.