I Do Have A Sense Of Humor

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That doesn't change the fact that part of being good with humor is aside from the humor itself there is also the factor of doing it in the right time and place, and if somebody tries to be humorous in the wrong time and place they will not be funny they will end up being annoying and will set themselves up for ridicule, like somebody telling a bad joke.
So is your point here that you have a sense of humor, or are you stating that others on this site do not?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That doesn't change the fact that part of being good with humor is aside from the humor itself there is also the factor of doing it in the right time and place, and if somebody tries to be humorous in the wrong time and place they will not be funny they will end up being annoying and will set themselves up for ridicule, like somebody telling a bad joke.

So are you saying they need to figure out when "you" think it is the right time and/or place, otherwise it is annoying. Therefore your timing defines funny!?

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nothing is funnier than a comedian bombing and then using that as new material.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
So is your point here that you have a sense of humor, or are you stating that others on this site do not?
My point is that I do have a sense of humor in that I appreciate good humor and part of what makes humor good is if its being done in the proper time and place.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My point is that I do have a sense of humor in that I appreciate good humor and part of what makes humor good is if its being done in the proper time and place.
That's what you're writing as your point, but pretty much everything you've written outside of that is that other's don't have a good sense of humor. Either way I guess it doesn't matter too much and I'd just reiterate my advice from above about not being able to control others.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What reason does anybody have to think that your opinion of that proper time and place is the correct one?

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Been away from the forum for awhile, busy with other stuff, but now Im back.
You say these things like an authority, yet you have not risen to the challenge. I admit that I’m not very funny, and my joke timing may stink, but I am still waiting for you to write something that makes me at least smile. Go ahead, make my day.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Why are you all arguing about this? I don’t know what you hope to gain. If the goal is for someone to admit not having a good sense of humor, I’ll start. if it will out this sorry thread out of it’s misery, sheesh.

Okay. Here goes. @Wing Woo Gar has a terrible sense of humor and no comedic timing. There. I said it. Happy now?

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why are you all arguing about this? I don’t know what you hope to gain. If the goal is for someone to admit not having a good sense of humor, I’ll start. if it will out this sorry thread out of it’s misery, sheesh.

Okay. Here goes. @Wing Woo Gar has a terrible sense of humor and no comedic timing. There. I said it. Happy now?
Yes.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

I wish you would have said it earlier, where have you been?

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

🤣

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I've just been trying to figure out what the purpose was to begin with. I accepted with my last response though that's not going to be clear to me though so just lurking now.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

You know......nope..... still not laughing... I think it was your lack of timing :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scientists just announced that they found a fossilized dinosaur fart.

It's a real blast from the past!

When the food shortages begin, remember that vegans are the nearest source for free range, antibiotic free, grass fed meat.

I am not a fan of elevator music.

It's wrong on so many levels.

A clown held the door for me yesterday.

I thought it was a nice jester.