I Do Have A Sense Of Humor

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not gonna hold my breath.
He has a tendency to do this. It wouldn't be the first, fourth or seventh time @PhotonGuy created a post (I'm guessing) forgot about it, then remembered a couple years down the line and replied. Sadly, by the time he gets back to it, a lot of the time the people who he's replying to don't post here anymore. And even those of us that do have to reread the whole thread if we want to understand what he's replying to.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
He has a tendency to do this. It wouldn't be the first, fourth or seventh time @PhotonGuy created a post (I'm guessing) forgot about it, then remembered a couple years down the line and replied. Sadly, by the time he gets back to it, a lot of the time the people who he's replying to don't post here anymore. And even those of us that do have to reread the whole thread if we want to understand what he's replying to.
yeah, but I like necro'd threads. A nice trip down memory lane, most of the time.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah, but I like necro'd threads. A nice trip down memory lane, most of the time.
Ok so anyone following the great steak debate next door? I recommend a song by the Reverend Horton Heat. “ Eat Steak” eat steak, eat steak, eat a big ol steer, eat steak, eat steak if ya got one near, eat steak eat steak it’s a mighty good food, it’s grade A meal when I’m in the moooood!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes people try to be funny in certain threads on this forum and they're not being funny because its not the proper time and place for humor.
That's fine, I won't argue about that. Particularly since you aren't specifying situations where something isn't the right time for humor. But it still doesn't fully answer the question you quoted: What inspired you to write this thread? To focus that question a bit, was there something specific that inspired you to write this thread?

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's fine, I won't argue about that. Particularly since you aren't specifying situations where something isn't the right time for humor.
If I make a thread that's supposed to be serious and somebody makes a joke on the thread, it isn't funny because I didn't start the thread with the intention of it being funny I started it with the intention of having a serious discussion.
But it still doesn't fully answer the question you quoted: What inspired you to write this thread? To focus that question a bit, was there something specific that inspired you to write this thread?
What inspired me to start this thread is because what I've mentioned above has happened in the past on this forum and I thought I should finally address it. If it happens again, and it probably will, I will mention that it was exactly what I was talking about when I started this thread.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I make a thread that's supposed to be serious and somebody makes a joke on the thread, it isn't funny because I didn't start the thread with the intention of it being funny I started it with the intention of having a serious discussion.

What inspired me to start this thread is because what I've mentioned above has happened in the past on this forum and I thought I should finally address it. If it happens again, and it probably will, I will mention that it was exactly what I was talking about when I started this thread.
Cool, just wasn't sure if there was something specific I was unaware of that needed to be addressed somewhere.

Something to keep in mind though; you can't control other people, or how they will react to something. And some people find humor in just about everything, regardless of your intent. I find it better just to scroll past unwanted comments in that sense, makes things a whole lot easier.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes people try to be funny in certain threads on this forum and they're not being funny because its not the proper time and place for humor.

When done in the proper time and place.

Yeah. You don't get to decide when people make jokes. They do. Don't like the joke? That's pretty much a you problem, not a them problem.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind though; you can't control other people, or how they will react to something. And some people find humor in just about everything, regardless of your intent. I find it better just to scroll past unwanted comments in that sense, makes things a whole lot easier.
That doesn't change the fact that part of being good with humor is aside from the humor itself there is also the factor of doing it in the right time and place, and if somebody tries to be humorous in the wrong time and place they will not be funny they will end up being annoying and will set themselves up for ridicule, like somebody telling a bad joke.

Latest Discussions