I am taking TKD to a new level

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes I am trying to improve my own TKD and make me my own TKD. For the last weeks I've been noticing a few improvements in my dojang/sambonim. We got heavy bags, we are having a little more SD classes in this classes I am expresing in my own way, not only taking the techs sambunim show us but using my own techs and the techs I am learning in the kenpo dojo and trought my findings, I am getting involved in the local TKD matches as a central and corner judge.

It seeam I having a new way of see TKD, as I mentioned lines above MY OWN WAY.

I'm going to take things as they are and if I can improve things then fine, if not then focus my impetus in other parts of TKD. I am learning in my own way from internet and videos and this is encourage my to train more and more, and my relationship with my dojang and classmates is improving too.

I discovered that TKD is much more than I tought, it's more than a MA, it's a way of life and I want to enjoy it. So bye-bye to politcs, bye-bye to bad actitud, bye-bye hard feelings. TKD is so wonderfull I want to grow up more inside it.

I am a very good person with hunger of knowledge and I will learn on my own with the help of my friends,sambunim and preparing myself to be a good sambunim/sensei when my time arrives.

Manny

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'd love to rep you, Manny! (need to spread the love some more before I can)

Posts like this make me smile!

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Manny, you have kind of lost me here. Are you trying to make your own TKD better or are you trying to change your school and instructor to match, using techniques you have learned from the INTERNET and Kenpo, to what you think is real and proper Taekwondo?

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Manny, you have kind of lost me here. Are you trying to make your own TKD better or are you trying to change your school and instructor to match, using techniques you have learned from the INTERNET and Kenpo, to what you think is real and proper Taekwondo?

I am trying to make my own TKD, I am taking what my sambunim teachs with all the respect and, what works for me it's fine, what does not I put it away and I am improving my TKD with the kenpo techs and all the stuff I am studying in videos, internet,etc.

I can't change the way my sambunim teachs in his dojang, I would like to have more of some specific things but classes must be general cause we have in the dojang kids,moms,and young guys and.... an old f.....t like myself jejejeje, it's simple there wont be a specific class for Manny, so Manny has to adapt.

A few days back I got by mail an interesting video (I will post about this latter) about a fusion of TKD with HKD and self defense and this video is worth the money I invested on it. In my plans are to atend some SD seminarios, poomsae seminarios,etc.

I don't know if you get my point cause it's hard to express some kind of feelings and toughts in english but the main thing about me and TKD is I am not resting on my laurels, I want to learn and I am doing in every single form I can.

Manny

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
TKD is so wonderfull I want to grow up more inside it.

Manny

Hi Manny,
My master says being colored belt is like learning to use tools of a carpenter or builder. He says black belt is like building things (houses, cabinets, etc.) better and better. A master builder stretches himself and learns more, even about how to use the most basic tool that most take for granted. He discovers as much about himself as what he makes.
I hope you stay hungry and enjoy the journey.

Carl

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Manny remember every student goes though conflict withen thereself thoughout there training, you have found a happy medium so you can personally continue with TKD. Enjoy it and continue to grow as a member of the TKD family.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm not a TKDer, nor am I a fan of TKD as the art for me...

But good luck! You're bound to expose yourself to more and more arts, so enjoy the ride!

CDKJudoka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Manny, nothing makes a martial artist better in their chosen style, than cross training in OTHER STYLES!! I learned that early on in my TKD training, and my sabumnim encouraged it. My current kwangjanim is looking forward to seeing me test for my judo and jujutsu (not brazilian) chodans. He feels that it can only improve on what i do in the dojang for him and the rest of his students, as well as a more well rounded martial artist and teacher I can become.

Continue training in kenpo. The hand techniques will be another weapon in your growing MA arsenal, and can only compliment the extensive kicking repertoire that TKD offers.

I do suggest doing some sort of grappling only to better round yourself out. Every kenpo stylist I know is cross training in grappling of one sort or another, due to that being lacking in the style.

Latest Discussions