I am blessed

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last night I atended a show class about budo taijutsu, class was nice I had the oportunity to train with a high school fiend who is a Karateka and train BTJ also. I enjoyed the class cause I saw my friend so happy showing me a lot of movements of his arts besides his sensei was imparting the class.

Well, even I enjoyed he class cause the friendship I must admit the class was not what I was specting, they used a lot of joint strikes and some moves that apeared to me to be like Ninja movies.

With respect I told the sensei and my friend that my aproach to self defense was an ortodox way, where I react to the treat by defending myself (blocking) counteratack (by hand,elbow,kick,wathever) a takedown using arm/elbow/wrist and submition on the floor.

There were some things I like of BTJ but in overall I feel it to complicated and in some cases goofy (sorry for the word I don't want to sound unrespectful)

At the end of the class with all the respect I told the sensei I'am not interesting in take this MA but I wanted to learn some especific moves to my MA (TKD thankyou you asked) and improve my arsenal, the sensei understood this.

Last night at the end of the BTJ class I felt blessed, in the beginning of my TKF formation (clasic) I had two wonderfull sambunims, and right now I have a truly sambunim in all aspects of life

I love TKD, tha clasic TKD, The MA inside TKD

Manny

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Manny, it's always good to hear people who feel good with what they are training.

I've seen little of BBT but liked what I saw in that you really don't see it coming. It seems to be a good combination of precise skill, precise maneuvering and power. I would think if done right, the attack would take you by surprise and possibly overwhelm you. I find it fascinating ... and definitely not for everybody.

Sounds like you have a good program on your hands, though, and that's very important. It's good to read people who are happy with their training. Enjoy!

Latest Discussions