I am frustrated

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Sometimes this work for us.....We let the students become the "Teacher"....

Have them teach it and explain it to the class...walk thru it..and all.

Many times we will pick any student...for warm-ups excercise's...call them up front to take the class...this builds leader ship, build confidence in the students, and helps them with learning....

Today all our students can lead the class in warm-ups....and they remember ALL the excercise's....each one does things a little different!

REVERSE THE ROLES! Especially the ones with two or more years of experiences'

Aloha,

PS: "Leaders are not born.....they learn to be leaders by others who allow them to lead......"

and at the same time....mistakes,errors, wrong decisions, helps the learning curve to become better...

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There have been many great replies in this thread, my thanks to all.

I happily await more answers from everyone on the OP

and Brian Verry well said thanks

dragonswordkata

Blue Belt
Reaction score
In our classes, I stress from day 1 that when a student practices ANY material he/she is to visualize the opponent he/she is defending against being right there. And the kicks/strikes are hitting that opponent, not just being thrown in the air.
Some people will always compatimentalize but the more seemlesly and logicaly you change from drills to techs and back, in your classes, the more fulidity, i feel, the students will be.